AHC: Make the Qing dimasty as big as possible

The Qing dinasty was the biggest Chinese Dinasty that ever existed, being the 5 biggest empire in world history, conquering places that were never before part of China, like Manchuria. But it could have been bigger. What territories could have the Qing possibly have conquered and what circunstances would have needed to arise for this to be possible?

They were already pretty T H I C C but i can see:
1. Conquest of Vietnam, perhaps the French lose some war very badly and the Qing get/seize Vietnam
2. Conquest of Siberia, Similar to France and Vietnam
3. Keeping Japan in their Zone of Influence
4. Fully integrating korea
but aside from those, they were rather close to their limits.

How far back would the PoD need to be for the Chinese to adopt early modern Western style sailing ships and conquer the Philippines?

They were already pretty T H I C C but i can see:
1. Conquest of Vietnam, perhaps the French lose some war very badly and the Qing get/seize Vietnam
2. Conquest of Siberia, Similar to France and Vietnam
3. Keeping Japan in their Zone of Influence
4. Fully integrating korea
but aside from those, they were rather close to their limits.
If one wishes to make the Qing even T H I C C E R than taking over Vietnam and Korea, (the former taken over by the Qianlong Emperor at Ngoc Hoi and the latter just fucking whenever I guess), you could also have them take over Burma even earlier in the Qianlong Emperor's reign, and perhaps Nepal as well.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I’d expect Korea to probably be taken as early as possible, maybe with an even more disastrous defeat for the Chosôn (on mobile, they don’t have the right diacritic) in the Later Jin (early name for the Qing) and Qing Invasions in 1627 and 1636 respectively.

Last edited: