AHC: Keep 2D Animation the norm

My guess would be to have 2D animation subsidized to make it cheaper and thus, not as big a deal. Beyond that, not sure what else can be done given how it is a labor of love and animation is a business

All the same. There's no denying that its underperformance did not help.
Could have been a sucess but still, 2D is not an end all, still better scripts would help a lot of movies.

My guess would be to have 2D animation subsidized to make it cheaper and thus, not as big a deal. Beyond that, not sure what else can be done given how it is a labor of love and animation is a business
They cost the same, specially as modern computer tech is just digitalize anything, 2D is cheaper as need cheaper models, and you can use 2D/3D mix, as 2D background and 3D characther in 2D(gumball) or the opposite, 2D Characthers with 3D background and effect(Uncountable animes)

Maybe Anime boom started early and 2D is as legit(as animation) in general for storytelling?

I am going to assume that what is meant by 2D animation is hand drawn and 3D is computer generated then it is the fact that it takes longer and is more expensive for 2D animation to be produced.
A good quality Disney film used to take four years from beginning to end to get to the screens while Pixar can cut that in half.
But if the question is something different than the only thing I can think of is that somehow 3D is just more pleasing to viewers

If I had my way, 2D would generally be the rule for most studios aside from Pixar and Illumination/Blue Sky. However, they'd still use 3d for complex things like realistic wildlife or steam locomotives.

Could have been a sucess but still, 2D is not an end all, still better scripts would help a lot of movies.
They cost the same, specially as modern computer tech is just digitalize anything, 2D is cheaper as need cheaper models, and you can use 2D/3D mix, as 2D background and 3D characther in 2D(gumball) or the opposite, 2D Characthers with 3D background and effect(Uncountable animes)

Maybe Anime boom started early and 2D is as legit(as animation) in general for storytelling?
Well it depends by which one. If we're talking about the traditional classic 2D handdrawn stuff though...

Well it depends by which one. If we're talking about the traditional classic 2D handdrawn stuff though...
That might Die slowly as Cost, time and in a way, Digital can replicated and urpass much of Handraw, except some more exotic artstyles.