AHC: Imagine the worst possible timeline for your favourite franchise, similar to 'Man in the High Castle.'

• Thread starter Deleted member 163801
  • Start date
This could be a good spin-off premise
Like Madoka wishing Homura was happy and then becoming the universe-destroying witch, causing the now revived Homura to be horrified and have the will to try again while the Witch Madoka keeps sending some kind of avatar in every timeline that Homura creates to ensure everything goes wrong and she's not butterflied away while feeding on all the karma Homura creates in her every atempt. Tldr: Madoka Magica Terminator-style.
"A Meaningless Wish" could be a good title as well.

Anyways sorry for my fanfic-ey rant, though I think this could count as a pretty bad ending.
For maximum bleakness your wish is already to meaningfull :D To get a realy terrible ending you have to have Madoka throw away her power to fundamentally change the universe for something much less consequential, but your idea would make for a much better story, while mine would just end everything right there.

Last edited:
For maximum bleakness your wish is already to meaningfull :D To get a realy terrible ending you have her throw away Madokas power to fundamentally change the universe for something much less consequential, but your idea would make for a much better story, while mine would just end everything right there.
Fully agree! Though I think your ending would be amazing and had a pretty good chance happening.

But I think a good conflict motivator that could lead to a "bleakest ending" in my little plot could be the Madoka avatar trying to convince Homura to not give-up per see, but to instead of using her willpower to change what in Witch!Madoka is already a perfect arrangement, she just give in to her and instead use her will to keep creating new timelines for Madoka to feed on as they spend that one month together over and over for the rest of eternity.
In this case if she succeeded at breaking Homura she becomes just a empty shell serving infinite universes on a plate, living that same month of misery forever just for some hugs & kisses from her demiurgic mistress who cant truly love her, perhaps even becoming a witch herself
like in Rebellion.

Final Fantasy 7: Aside form the rather basic possibility of Sephiroth winning at the north crater, meteor impacting and Sephiroth becoming a god by absorbing the lifestream, I could also imagine a timeline where he does not get sent to Nibelheim, never learns the truth and nobody ever gets in a position to successfully oppose Shinra which then rules over the planet with an iron fist while slowly killing it.

Warhammer Fantasy: Chaos wins and gets to destroy reality! Wait a moment...

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: this is more difficult because Homuras time resetting powers make the ending very much dependant on her and her willingness to try again. Maybe she tries so often to get a better timeline that she goes mad or finaly gives up. Madoka, being saddled with all the Karma from Homuras failed attempts makes a pact with Kyubei with a mostly meaningless wish, inevitably becomes a witch at some point and basically ends up destroying the world/universe.

Space Battleship Yamato: Rather easy, the Gamilas destroy the Yamato before it reaches Iscandar and humanity goes extinct.
Agree with most but 2. Isn't "Nagash wins" worse than Chaos wins? IIRC Age of Sigmar reconstructed the world. Nagash might be worse than that...

Agree with most but 2. Isn't "Nagash wins" worse than Chaos wins? IIRC Age of Sigmar reconstructed the world. Nagash might be worse than that...
I mostly did that for the cheap shot at age of sigmar :D In a "Nagash wins" scenario all life is extinguished so there is no chance for the world beeing rebuild in any way, but im not sure if a "chaos wins" scenario neccessarily includes the rebirth of the world as depicted in AoS.