AHC: Have Spanish as dominant language in the Philippines

My challenge is to have the map below be realized by 2000 where Spanish language is the dominant foreign language instead of English. POD should be after 1900.

NOTE: The map was created by @JJDXB

linguistic_map_of_an_alternate_philippines_by_jjdxb-d58guj3.png

Three options:
1. You may actually need a pre-1900 POD to achieve it.
2. Successfully convince the American authorities to recognize Spanish as one of the official languages of the country; something like the Quebec Act of 1774.
3. More presence of Spanish-speaking Americans from the Southwest (e.g. New Mexico, California and Texas) in colonial administration and military, working together with their English-language counterparts.

But wait a second:
Both Cavite and Manila have a significant Chavacano-speaking populations in this scenario, am I right?

1. You may actually need a pre-1900 POD to achieve it.

I am thinking of POD 1900 because that time where Spanish language in the Philippines was at its peak where 10% of PH population spoke it natively while another 50% spoke as second or third language.

2. Successfully convince the American authorities to recognize Spanish as one of the official languages of the country; something like the Quebec Act of 1774.

It could meet the premise of this thread of having Spanish instead of Tagalog as competing official language with English.

3. More presence of Spanish-speaking Americans from the Southwest (e.g. New Mexico, California and Texas) in colonial administration and military, working together with their English-language counterparts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, those areas in the USA were more Anglo then than today, right?

But wait a second:
Both Cavite and Manila have a significant Chavacano-speaking populations in this scenario, am I right?

Perhaps.

I have few corrections with the map:

1) Iloilo province should be at least 80% Spanish speaking province being a primer city in the Visayas in late 19th century.

2) Entire Bicol especially Camarines Sur where Nueva Caceres is located should be at least 60% Spanish speaking.

Sorry if there's a newer thread I could be replying to instead, but do you guys think that if America never colonized the Philippines, it would be Spanish-speaking by now? That's what people on Quora say. The reasoning is apparently that sure, the Philippines wasn't completely Spanish-speaking in 1898, but Mexico in 1821 wasn't either, and that maybe public schooling would have changed things, like what happened in Mexico apparently.