AHC: Have Australia win the Great Emu War

David Flin

Gone Fishin'
Emu meat is low fat, low cholesterol and very tasty. Emu eggs make a delicious, if somewhat overly large omelette. And their skin makes a fine leather. (I used to have a pair of emu leather shoes).

So yes, they're worth farming.

Meanwhile, back in the carnage ...

Given the likely outcome of an Emu-Australian war, has anyone looked at how Emus would farm Australians?

Is anyone else getting a Planet of the Apes sort of vibe? Farmed emus escaping en masse and terrorising the Australian countryside?

Maybe the Australian s should have deployed mercenary Ostriches . I believe their was a proposal in the to deploy Ostriches in the peace keeping role in the 1920s but the general staff said the Emus would never rebel , they basically buried their heads in the sand.

Tactical nuclear weapons?

I mean, it's not like the emu's can retaliate.

Might be overkill though.

Given the likely outcome of an Emu-Australian war, has anyone looked at how Emus would farm Australians?
They have. It's called Australia. It might look like Australia is run for the benefit of the Australians, but that's just what the emus want you to think.

Sign a peace treaty and incorporate the emus as an equal partner in the Commonwealth. It is the sole honourable way. ;)
That's already happened.

Exhibit A: the Australian coat of arms.

Australian_Coat_of_Arms.png

Maybe the Australian s should have deployed mercenary Ostriches . I believe their was a proposal in the to deploy Ostriches in the peace keeping role in the 1920s but the general staff said the Emus would never rebel , they basically buried their heads in the sand.

The emus served with great honor and brevary in both WWI AND WWII. Haven't you read about the great emu cavalry charges in Beersheba in WWI? It is the shameful handling of the discharged emus leading to their tragic insurrection.

Be careful or the Emu's may summon their ancient homeland-MU!

It is rumored HP Lovecraft was inspired by an ancient Emu scholar.