AHC: Have a Greek or Macedonian state hold part of China for any length of time.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is finding some way for a state that is either Greek or Macedonian, descended from them, or culturally somewhat similar to them, to invade and hold a part of China for any length of time. By "China" I mean the core Han areas that have the most population. Any state from any period, or even an AH state, would work, though I suppose a Greco-Bactria would work especially well for this purpose.

Deleted member 154680

Well, I need to continue this answer from my response in the other thread about the Yuezhi. A strong enough Indo-Greek/Graeco-Bactrian Empire can conquer Sogdia, Xinjiang and advance East, but the problem between Tarim Basin (Turpan) and Gansu is that Geography is quite harsh, being a desert. Unless the Tarim basin is held strongly and well developed by the Indo-Greek Empire (supplies cannot be repeatedly brought from Indus Valley and Bactria), advancing towards Gansu from the Tarim Basin could be devastating. Then, we could have a Sino-Greek Empire, as well, before they adopt Chinese traditions with a Greek touch as they did in Ptolemiac Egypt.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is finding some way for a state that is either Greek or Macedonian, descended from them, or culturally somewhat similar to them, to invade and hold a part of China for any length of time. By "China" I mean the core Han areas that have the most population. Any state from any period, or even an AH state, would work, though I suppose a Greco-Bactria would work especially well for this purpose.
The Kushan Empire extended into parts of present day China, if that counts:

Kushan-Empire-under-Kanishka.png

If that doesn't count, the above map seems like a plausible maximum extent map for a very successful Indo-Greek or Indo-Baktrian kingdom. That's probably the best way to achieve this challenge.

Crazy Boris

Banned
The Kushan Empire extended into parts of present day China, if that counts:

Kushan-Empire-under-Kanishka.png

If that doesn't count, the above map seems like a plausible maximum extent map for a very successful Indo-Greek or Indo-Baktrian kingdom. That's probably the best way to achieve this challenge.

That looks like it’s just barely touching Gansu, I’m not sure if that works for the challenge since I don’t think it was Han back then, but it’s a good starting point.

Kind of cheating, but...

The Kingdom of Greece gets in on the 19th-century colonialism game, and manages to get a treaty port from the Qing.