AHC: German colonies in America

I know there were Germans in Venezuela but it was pretty much under the Spanish, so I'm just curious as to how some serious German colonies of either the independent states or the German Empire could have ended up with some lands in the new world.

I know there were Germans in Venezuela but it was pretty much under the Spanish, so I'm just curious as to how some serious German colonies of either the independent states or the German Empire could have ended up with some lands in the new world.
The central european german states were so weak and divided for that.

Well the House of Hanover built a mighty empire...

Austria could emerge from the Napoleonic Wars thoroughly dominating and having mostly unified Germany perhaps. When Spain is in dire fiscal straits in the 1830s and looks to sell its caribbean colonies, Austria-Germany could swoop in.

Bavaria under Ferdinand Maria considered colonizing the area around New York (don't ask me how they planned to do it); Brandenburg (pre-Prussia) got some forts on the Gold Coast in Africa they later sold to the Dutch. Courland likewise had colonies in Africa and the Caribbean. I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE for German colonies, just supremely difficult.

Well the House of Hanover built a mighty empire...
Which had JACK to do with Hannover itself. Why do you think George III had to use HESSIANS in the ARW? The agreement was that Hannover would contribute not a plugged nickel to Britain's empire. It was even illegal for the Hannoverian king of England to use the Hannoverian army to defend ENGLAND against the Jacobites IIRC

Bavaria under Ferdinand Maria considered colonizing the area around New York (don't ask me how they planned to do it); Brandenburg (pre-Prussia) got some forts on the Gold Coast in Africa they later sold to the Dutch. Courland likewise had colonies in Africa and the Caribbean. I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE for German colonies, just supremely difficult.

Which had JACK to do with Hannover itself. Why do you think George III had to use HESSIANS in the ARW? The agreement was that Hannover would contribute not a plugged nickel to Britain's empire. It was even illegal for the Hannoverian king of England to use the Hannoverian army to defend ENGLAND against the Jacobites IIRC
So uh... why'd they not just give it to a second son or something?
"James my son, I'm giving William the Kingdom of Hannover. Nothing against you, it just doesn't give you anything as king of Britain."1