AHC: Europe looks like the Susano Map

Well obviously the UK didn't make a very good impression in the last few years of the war. How could they be in such a poor bargaining position as to get only, what? Looks like Hannover more or less as OTL.

Or maybe the colonial situation was even more drastic. A Bonaparte in Amsterdam, but none in Batavia?

Well obviously the UK didn't make a very good impression in the last few years of the war. How could they be in such a poor bargaining position as to get only, what? Looks like Hannover more or less as OTL.

Or maybe the colonial situation was even more drastic. A Bonaparte in Amsterdam, but none in Batavia?

I wouldn´t say it looks to bad for the UK. Yes, Prussia was one of the Great Power, but it was definit the weakest of the great powers. Important was that somebody keep the French out of Antwerpen and the Prussian would be the right guys for the job, strong but not to strong.

After all, before 1789 Belgium belonged to an other great Power, Austria, and Britain went to war several times that it stays that way.

Nietzsche

Banned
I wouldn´t say it looks to bad for the UK. Yes, Prussia was one of the Great Power, but it was definit the weakest of the great powers. Important was that somebody keep the French out of Antwerpen and the Prussian would be the right guys for the job, strong but not to strong.

After all, before 1789 Belgium belonged to an other great Power, Austria, and Britain went to war several times that it stays that way.
Pretty much this. While Prussia was undoubtedly the least of the Great Powers on paper, its ability to punch above its weight(on land) would make them an excellent choice to make sure France stays out of the lowlands.

Prussia's religious tolerance will help, honestly, and its military will certainly fare better than the Dutch one in the Lowlands. So long as the UK approves of it remaining under Prussian tutelage, I can see it staying there.

The Futch would not be happy about having lost their own land to all of this. And really, wouldn't it be a bit of a headache to get so much land that was Austrian, Catholic, Republican, and French over the preceding decades? Austria would insist on getting Silesia at the least. The Saar-Palantine area seems nice now, but I do not believe it's resources and potential were well known at the time,

The Futch would not be happy about having lost their own land to all of this. And really, wouldn't it be a bit of a headache to get so much land that was Austrian, Catholic, Republican, and French over the preceding decades? Austria would insist on getting Silesia at the least. The Saar-Palantine area seems nice now, but I do not believe it's resources and potential were well known at the time,

We have to keep in mind that Prussia wasn´t really happy with getting the catholic Rhinelands. It would have prefered to swallow all of Saxony and give the Rhineland to the King of Saxony. Simply said because Prussia was the least of the Great Powers it got the shitty job to play the tripwire against France and had to deal with all this pesky frenchiefied papists. Getting Belgium would actually have made this job much more shittier and the Austrians would watch with glee.

The Futch would not be happy about having lost their own land to all of this.

They might be compensated with land on their eastern border, eg East Friesland, Kleve and other bits.

After all, the north and south Netherlands have been separate for over 300 years. The Dutch have no particular right to double their territory, so there's no particular injustice done if they don't get Belgium.

They might be compensated with land on their eastern border, eg East Friesland, Kleve and other bits.

After all, the north and south Netherlands have been separate for over 300 years. The Dutch have no particular right to double their territory, so there's no particular injustice done if they don't get Belgium.
I was thinking more the areas that later formed the Duchy of Limburg, which where not fully attached to the United Provinces. It is possibly some territory would be traded for those parts surrounded by the UP that were not members, but they probably would want greater compensation for those cities. Come to think of it, should we say that overseas territories and colonies should undecided or for whoever gets and keeps them? The Swedes had islands they sold back to the French, so perhaps other areas would be happy to trade troublesome villages in exchange for a Spice Island.