Srihari14

Banned
Why not just have Pakistan be reconquered post Umayyads rather than have a conquest of Afghanistan? I'm not sure of this idea that invasion from Afghanistan are inevitable or that going from there you are inevitably going to get widespread Islam, without the conversion of Bengal the islamic community would be reduced by 1/3 already(historically speaking)
So perhaps a Hindu/Indian Reconquista?

Srihari14

Banned
But do you need Afghanistan? If you have Pakistan be recovered by Hindus during the high middle ages there would be only a small minority in most of India.
Afghanistan or atleast Eastern Afghanistan such as Kabul, Jalalabad, Bamayan would be preferable as they were originally Hindu/Buddhist Kingdoms

Srihari14

Banned
But do you need Afghanistan? If you have Pakistan be recovered by Hindus during the high middle ages there would be only a small minority in most of India.
also the fact that the Hindu Kush mountains acted as the eastern borders of cultural India

Hmm what about a huge invasion from the Uyghur Empire south into Central Asia and Afghanistan? They could possibly conquer most of Greater Iran, with help from existing Manicheans in the areas. But they would be too overstretched to conquer into India. Have it happen in the late 700s under some fictional super general like Genghis or Subotai, while Zoroastrians still exist in large numbers in Iran.

This could stymie Muslim invasions into India seriously. We could have a Buddhist Afghan kingdom rise out of the ashes of the Uyghurs and quite a few Manichean or Zoroastrian states in the Greater Iran region that the Muslims would have to go through to get to the Silk Road or India. This doesn't stop the spread of Muslim Arab traders throughout the Indian Ocean, though. That could possibly just be butterflied, but that's kind of a cop-out.

Srihari14

Banned
Sufism did not originate from India, in fact it had already emerged by the 7th and 8th centuries with figures like Rabia'h al-adawiyyah being important early figures within the movement.
More on Sufism, All my Muslim Colleagues and Friends say Sufism's Birthplace is India and are very proud of it, So are they wrong or just misinformed, will Sufism form with Islam in India

Srihari14

Banned
Why not just have Pakistan be reconquered post Umayyads rather than have a conquest of Afghanistan? I'm not sure of this idea that invasion from Afghanistan are inevitable or that going from there you are inevitably going to get widespread Islam, without the conversion of Bengal the islamic community would be reduced by 1/3 already(historically speaking)

Edit: NVM, apparently Afghanistan is considered South Asian, I wouldn't personally put it there for various reasons, plus OP doesn't seem even particularly interested on it specifically.
Sorry I am new, so what does NVM mean and I am interested in This timeline to have Afghanistan to remain Dharmic

More on Sufism, All my Muslim Colleagues and Friends say Sufism's Birthplace is India and are very proud of it, So are they wrong or just misinformed, will Sufism form with Islam in India
They are misinformed. While it is true that Sufism is integral to Indian Islam In fact probably more so than in other countries, Sufism can be traced back to the early Islamic community in the time of the Prophet. It only becoming organised into Sufi Tariqat or Orders around the Eleventh century. Sufism before then was a movement centred on mysticism and the search for the divine truth. The Shadhiliya was founded in Morocco, the Qadiriyya and Naqshbandi Persian while the Chistiyyah has Afghan-Indian roots. Even then these Sufi Orders further developed to the point where one could belong to the same Sufi Order and yet also belong to a further sub-order which for the most part was organised by the region, nation or even Province of said Sufi. To say that Sufism is Indian would be to disregard the traditions of other nations with ancient Sufi traditions such as Iran, Yemen, Indonesia and Morocco to name a few.

Last edited:

Srihari14

Banned
They are misinformed. While it is true that Sufism is integral to Indian Islam In fact probably more so than in other countries, Sufism can be traced back to early Islamic community only being organised into Sufi Tariqata or Orders around the Eleventh century. Sufism before then was a movement centred on mysticism and the search for the divine truth. The Shadhiliya was founded in Morocco, the Qadiriyya and Naqshbandi Persian while the Chistiyyah has Afghan-Indian roots. Even then these Sufi Orders further developed to the point where one could belong to the same Sufi Order and yet also belong to a further sub-order which for the most part was organised by the region, nation or even Province of said Sufi. To say that Sufism is Indian would be to disregard the traditions of other nations with ancient Sufi traditions such as Iran, Yemen, Indonesia and Morocco to name a few.
So Sufism is not really Indian Influences Islam, Right Thanks, Also, Is there any contribution form Muslims In India to the Greater Islamic Community?

Sorry I am new, so what does NVM mean and I am interested in This timeline to have Afghanistan to remain Dharmic
It means "never mind"

Also I have an idea, with a post 800 POD you can have the kingdom of Zabul survive and butterfly away the Saffarids, thus you possibly reverse islamization of Afghanistan and Pakistan while building a foundation in Afghanistan against future incursion, if you have long term non islamic Turks it's even better.

Srihari14

Banned
It means "never mind"

Also I have an idea, with a post 800 POD you can have the kingdom of Zabul survive and butterfly away the Saffarids, thus you possibly reverse islamization of Afghanistan and Pakistan while building a foundation in Afghanistan against future incursion, if you have long term non islamic Turks it's even better.
With the kingdom of zabul surviving is the best bet for dharmic south Asia
Turks will still convert to Islam, but now a significant portion of turks would be Buddhists , who would most likely invade India

The best way to prevent the Islamization of South Asia is a strong empire that can defeat and turn back the Islamic invasions, while simultaneously and steadily socially reforming Dharmic religions on the continent ie caste system, etc. This two pronged approach will prevent the forced conversion of people to Islam by invaders and the voluntary conversion of Islam many Indians did due to wanting more equality ie being fed up with being low-caste.

Srihari14

Banned
The best way to prevent the Islamization of South Asia is a strong empire that can defeat and turn back the Islamic invasions, while simultaneously and steadily socially reforming Dharmic religions on the continent ie caste system, etc. This two pronged approach will prevent the forced conversion of people to Islam by invaders and the voluntary conversion of Islam many Indians did due to wanting more equality ie being fed up with being low-caste.
The first one is necessary at all times, but for lower castes and especially dalits who converted to Islam, they did not receive any respect from Muslims also, even otl Indian Islam has caste system meaning it's very difficult to root out the caste systems

The caste system doesn't seem to be responsible for conversion to Islam, it is areas less entrenched by the Hindu system that were more converted, not the areas that were both more affected by it and the areas that were also under more direct control of Islamic states, like the Ganges.

Srihari14

Banned
The caste system doesn't seem to be responsible for conversion to Islam, it is areas less entrenched by the Hindu system that were more converted, not the areas that were both more affected by it and the areas that were also under more direct control of Islamic states, like the Ganges.
yes, caste system is prevalent even among Muslims and Christians here, so it was mostly conversion through either force or bribery

yes, caste system is prevalent even among Muslims and Christians here, so it was mostly conversion through either force or bribery
How little or how much the caste system had to do with conversion can be up for debate but I think we can all agree that the first part is necessary. As to the second part, well eliminating the caste system can help in bridging Buddhism and Hinduism with each other. I have always particularly wondered about a syncretic "Dharmism" between Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism to truly unite the Dharmic community, and implement the best of all the religions to improve as a whole.

Srihari14

Banned
How little or how much the caste system had to do with conversion can be up for debate but I think we can all agree that the first part is necessary. As to the second part, well eliminating the caste system can help in bridging Buddhism and Hinduism with each other. I have always particularly wondered about a syncretic "Dharmism" between Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism to truly unite the Dharmic community, and implement the best of all the religions to improve as a whole.
  1. Casteism cannot truely be uprooted, many people who convert to other religions still face the same type of discrimination, the only possible solution is education as a whole
  2. Syncretic Dharmism could work, however it would be very hard as Hindus are very resilient

1. Casteism cannot truely be uprooted, many people who convert to other religions still face the same type of discrimination, the only possible solution is education as a whole
  2. Syncretic Dharmism could work, however it would be very hard as Hindus are very resilient
1. Of course! Omg no I was never saying that there isn't any casteism with other Indians; Muslims maintained the very same institution. I was just saying it would be nice if it was eliminated early on.
2. Yes, we are x'D!