I am curious about how the Etruscans would have been able to become a much more unified entity rather a loose confederation of cities. Since they were much more focused on trade as apposed to the highly militaristic Romans, I'd imagine the state to be similar to that of the Carthaginians, perhaps also with a hegemonic city such as Veii.

Furthers questions would be what sort of relation this state would have to the Carthaginians and how would it affect the cultural development of the rest of Italy if it prolongs the civilisation's prominence.

I'd imagine such a state would look somewhat similar to the images below

r-qchnzkgaJSAnB7rs19iD7UxdL6TKPcWo8XfRGtB2fp5rQSKdP-b-WjQuiFLAEK1AtCXFdqRGDdCYi8HdTwtCTgqJBWTg6FsBkQukg3y0lSLBmL0vI
e3d862daa6afb9605349b4ad8a2306be.jpg

Bear in mind that my dad is no historian (granted he actually understands individual human better than me- geopolitics and whatnot are what makes sense) and i never followed up on this, but according to him, a lot of evidence points to a lot of roman culture being yoinked from the etruscans, even before the conquest. Which makes sense- one city versus the entirty of central italy. which culture is gonna dominate?