AHC: Britain and America as allies in a war between 1815-1895

During the mid-19th century, Anglo-American relations were often chilly, with repeated war scares over issues like the Oregon Territory and the Trent Affair. How could Anglo-American relations have been better—potentially even good enough to fight a war on the same side?

During the mid-19th century, Anglo-American relations were often chilly, with repeated war scares over issues like the Oregon Territory and the Trent Affair. How could Anglo-American relations have been better—potentially even good enough to fight a war on the same side?
Maybe a German colonial approach/military adventure in the late 19th Century in their common sphere of interest leads to common punitive and military actions of US and British Empire against German affords.

The Second Opium War (1856-60) between Britain and France on one side and China on the other took place at the same time as the USA was having its own difficulties with China. The British actually offered the USA a formal alliance at the time, but this was turned down by the Americans (though the Americans would unofficially fight alongside the British during the Battle of the Taku Forts - when the officer in charge was court-martialled for violating American neutrality in the Anglo-Chinese conflict in this way he responded by saying "blood is thicker than water"). Presumably all you have to do to fulfil the terms of the OP is have them accept instead.

raharris1973

Gone Fishin'
I think in OTL you had examples of cooperative punishment of Japan and China and probably other groups outside Europe, but I assume the OP wants a UK-US alliance against a more formidable opponent, likely European. I'm not sure how to bring that about. Not saying it is impossible though.

Hey if British-American relations stay good after the Jay Treaty, we could see them fighting the Latin America Revolutions

raharris1973

Gone Fishin'
Hey if British-American relations stay good after the Jay Treaty, we could see them fighting the Latin America Revolutions

For or against the revolutions? And why?

And what would happen to make the Americans decide that the bitter pill that was the Jay Treaty was sweet enough to even greater international cooperation with Britain?