AHC: Better warships over the LCS?

Well never know when the Limeys might get their hand on a flying saucer or two. From there it's only a matter of time till they're stopping American spacecraft and impressing American astronauts.

Millions for defense not one cent for tribute.

What do you mean when?

I'll have you know.....<GCHQ JAMMING SIGNAL>

What do you mean when?

I'll have you know.....<GCHQ JAMMING SIGNAL>

Please we both know that the British space program was stillborn when you lot realized you can't brew a cuppa in space. Hence Britain can never into space.
That is near sacrilege to the Space Battleship Yamato story.

And sacrilegious to the USS Arizona.

Though the irony of basing a property on the Yamato by replacing it with the Arizona is delicious.

Please we both know that the British space program was stillborn when you lot realized you can't brew a cuppa in space. Hence Britain can never into space.

Its uncanny that the British abandoned the Space race the day before they began to invest heavily in genetically modified crops and the like

Hey you don't think...<GCHQ JAMMING SIGNAL>

Its uncanny that the British abandoned the Space race the day before they began to invest heavily in genetically modified crops and the like

Hey you don't think...<GCHQ JAMMING SIGNAL>

To be fair the Brits abandoned the space race three days before they entered it.

Which does suggest you lot might have dabbled in time travel. Which would collaborate my theory that the Irish potato famine started off as a prank.

Given the major manning and retention problems the Navy has, it shouldn't expect its ships to have the same sort of war complements they had in the past when designing vessels. The LCS went too far in that direction, but general trend is for smaller crew sizes.

No modern warship (with the possible exception of a carrier against lighter missiles) can stand up to multiple hits by anti ship missiles. Even one strike will most likely mission kill a destroyer or cruiser. Improved structural strength and light antifragmention armor in key areas might make survival more likely, but no warship in the same weight range as the LCS (a frigate or corvette) is going to withstand multiple ASMs.
The Navy is meeting their retention goals. The reason they want smaller crews is just like any business, cost. People are expensive. What they did with the LCS was create a small cool ship no one wants to be on. Unless you’ve served on one most people don’t understand how much maintenance a ship requires. Every, single, day. It never ends. Then factor in it’s a metal ship in salt water. Corrosion prevention never ends. I think I painted more hours then I operated the reactor. Then there’s duty. Every ship in an active status has (think they are trying to change this really old rule) to have enough people on board to get underway 24/7/365. That means on your duty day you stay on the ship for 24 hours. If you’re 3 section, that means you’re on the ship 1 out of every 3 days. And if there’s work the next day you might not go home right away. There’s duty on weekends, holidays, etc. That means more people to reduce the workload and raise the number of duty sections. Crew sizes can only go so small before they become self defeating.