AHC: An American "Taiping Rebellion"

Couldnt you do the opposite?
Like the elite of the Union states converting to a christian sect and then giving crushing the South a religious flavour
Of course. My point's more that I think incorporating religion into already-existing schisms in 19th Century American politics is the best way to get a Taiping Rebellion-esque conflict.

Of course. My point's more that I think incorporating religion into already-existing schisms in 19th Century American politics is the best way to get a Taiping Rebellion-esque conflict.
Oh agreed
My own suggestion was to have the Taiping analogue to rise on a balkanized early US due to the unstability and lack of rule of law creating the perfect conditions for a religious expansionist movement

The US Civil War ended cleanly by comparison.
I agree with everything you said except this last bit. The aftermath of the US Civil War was certainly not clean. Debates surrounding Reconstruction formed the base of contentious American politics for the decade following the civil war. The KKK, Red Shirts and many other white supremacy groups spent the entirety of Reconstruction intimidating, terrorizing and lynching African-Americans attempting to exercise their new rights.

Couldnt you do the opposite?
Like the elite of the Union states converting to a christian sect and then giving crushing the South a religious flavour
Not because, remember, people tend to assume that religious fundamentalist revolts would necessarily enter into an alliance with "the evil ones" of OTL. Establish that the Union, which is always considered the good and just side that launched a moral crusade in the name of abolitionism (no matter how contradicted the evidence of the time is), is at the same time the side of the murderous religious fundamentalists , it would be more or less like postulating that the Imperial Japanese Army was actually fighting for the independence and freedom of the Asian peoples instead of fighting in order to being the new colonial lord.

Not because, remember, people tend to assume that religious fundamentalist revolts would necessarily enter into an alliance with "the evil ones" of OTL. Establish that the Union, which is always considered the good and just side that launched a moral crusade in the name of abolitionism (no matter how contradicted the evidence of the time is), is at the same time the side of the murderous religious fundamentalists , it would be more or less like postulating that the Imperial Japanese Army was actually fighting for the independence and freedom of the Asian peoples instead of fighting in order to being the new colonial lord.
To be fair there is one TL who did that and it was awesome

This one actually
Common Peace, Common Wealth
The US is indeed set up as the antagonic force to Japan there but it didnt go full dystopia, likely because the TL ended before that could happen but still
Huh, hadn't heard of that but it looks cool.
I mentioned What Madness Is This? has an abolitionist Northern USA as zealous, theocratic conquerors, and there's clear Taiping and Mormon influence.
In that though they do go cartoonishly, ludicrously dystopic, so YMMV on how enjoyable it is.

I mentioned What Madness Is This? has an abolitionist Northern USA as zealous, theocratic conquerors, and there's clear Taiping and Mormon influence.
In that though they do go cartoonishly, ludicrously dystopic, so YMMV on how enjoyable it is.
I personally find it funny

Sornairo "Death of Russia": America 1850s extend