AHC: A surviving Roman Republic, Britain, Russia, and China race to colonize the Americas

Let's say the Roman Republic remains a republic instead of becoming an empire with reforming to ensure long term stability like having a plan of succession of power, leaving land that provides no resources and consolidates its losses to ensure it stays afloat for a while.

While Britain, Russia, and China's history happens like OTL with little to few changes, due to butterfly effect and all four great powers of Europe and Asia to colonize the Americas.

How could I get to this point in my scenario?

Let's say the Roman Republic remains a republic instead of becoming an empire with reforming to ensure long term stability like having a plan of succession of power, leaving land that provides no resources and consolidates its losses to ensure it stays afloat for a while.

While Britain, Russia, and China's history happens like OTL with little to few changes, due to butterfly effect and all four great powers of Europe and Asia to colonize the Americas.

How could I get to this point in my scenario?
You write it for fun, in spite of plausibility.

What Evil Crusader said.

An enduring Roman Republic not having substantial impacts on the history of Britain and Russia (and the rest of Europe) is pure "because the author wanted it to happen that way" (even if you hunt down butterflies in the sense of chaos, large amounts of history are directly impacted by it existing instead of what happened OTL), but that doesn't mean Romans competing with the other three powers to colonize the Americas is a boring and unfun story.