AHC : A Bonaparte political dynasty in the United States.

In the beginning of the 19th century as some of you may know, Jérôme Bonaparte, one of Napoléon I's brother, visited America and married a girl of Baltimore, Elizabeth Patterson. Though Napoléon I had the marriage dissolved, a boy was born from this union, Jérôme Napoléon Bonaparte-Patterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jérôme_Napoléon_Bonaparte

220px-Jerome_Napoleon_Bonaparte-Patterson_%281805-1870%29.jpg

That boy was the father of one Charles Joseph Bonaparte-Patterson who became a prominent politician in Maryland and eventually was appointed Secretary of the Navy, and then Attorney General of the United States in 1906 by Theodore Roosevelt. Charles Joseph created the Bureau of Investigation, precursor to the FBI of Hoover.
220px-CJBonaparte.jpg

However, that was the apex of Bonaparte-Patterson's fortunes, and the Patterson branch of the Bonaparte family eventually came extinct in 1945.

Even though I guess it's possible a family pod could be required in late 19th century, but your challenge is to make this rise of fortune continuing through the 1920s, possibly even displacing JFK as the first Catholic American president (though of Corsican ancestry), with the Bonaparte-Patterson being possibly still based in Maryland as the Kennedy are based in Massachussetts.

I didn't mean having a Patterson-Bonaparte elected in the 1920s, rather continuing on their high profile course after Charles Joseph tenure under Roosevelt. And eventually by 1960, you have a Bonaparte elected POTUS instead of JFK, or maybe replacing Agnew on the ticket (I was almost forgetting the Pattersons were Republicans, of the progressive Roosevelt, and possibly Rockefeller, brand).

There was a plan by some French Louisiana residents to rescue Napoleon and bring him to New Orleans. If Napoleon lives and the plan is successful, he could end up as mayor of New Orleans. He could have a son who serves in Congress (which would be interrupted by the Civil War), and a grandson who does the same.

Archibald

Banned
There was a plan by some French Louisiana residents to rescue Napoleon and bring him to New Orleans. If Napoleon lives and the plan is successful, he could end up as mayor of New Orleans. He could have a son who serves in Congress (which would be interrupted by the Civil War), and a grandson who does the same.

Really ? That's mind-blowing. Even more since Napoleon sold Louisiana to the United States.

Really ? That's mind-blowing. Even more since Napoleon sold Louisiana to the United States.

Here's a description:

http://gonola.com/2014/05/05/nola-history-nicholas-girod-and-the-plot-to-rescue-napoleon.html

Speaking of Mayor Girod: Girod Street in downtown New Orleans was later the site of the city's first Protestant cemetery, which is now covered by the Superdome complex. Some locals blamed that fact for the Saints being cursed, but the last bodies were moved out in 1957 and the exact site was occupied by Macy's.

Well, that's a bit early and I'm not sure it looks plausible for Napoléon to go this way (and I'm not sure the US would even accept to untertain such a casus belli with the British). Let's stick to 20th century (hence the after 1900 forum), and possibly to the Bonaparte-Patterson.

You might elect a Catholic as President in late 19th/early 20th century America, but you'd never elect a Bonaparte. Their record in France is too evident and too easy to use against them.

Roosevelt picks Bonaparte as his VP for 1908 run , I think Teddy is popular enough to have a Catholic VP , he dies and we have President Bonaparte (who enviably hands control of the USA to the Vatican )

Roosevelt picks Bonaparte as his VP for 1908 run , I think Teddy is popular enough to have a Catholic VP , he dies and we have President Bonaparte (who enviably hands control of the USA to the Vatican )
That's a possibility, but Roosevelt swore not to a second time in 1908, something he would come to regret later on but that he abided by IOTL.

Have Charles N-P have a son who marries Alice Lee Roosevelt.

Theodore Roosevelt Napoleon-Patterson!
That sounds very interesting. What do you imagine next?