AH Vignette: "Come back!"

You painted a picture of a somewhat tragic, sad and ultimately lonely Clegg. I think you also managed very well to strip away the public posturing and persona that many politicians have and introduce, well, a sense of human fraility to them. Great stuff.

Japhy

Banned
This was, well an immensely interesting take on a Not-Prime Minister. As others said, its hard not to pity the man in this sort of scenario, the whole thing of missing Cameron at the end was rather hard to take. Magnificently done, glad to see the Vignettes are making a comeback.

This is very well written. I think I need to ponder over it for an hour or two before giving any more concrete feedback, but it is very well done.

A really good piece of writing. Osborne felt quite sorry for Clegg who was heartbroken his moment of power was to be non existent. Also, William Hague taking over? I presume you worked that out on principle that he wouldn't stand in a leadership election, due to his previous leadership, and would be neutral figure in the time being.

I think that Hague was the designated successor, until the party elected a new leader, if Cameron fell under the proverbial bus.

I think that Hague was the designated successor, until the party elected a new leader, if Cameron fell under the proverbial bus.

Hague is that designated successor, they're arguing about who's in charge while he's flying back under the Atlantic

Hague is that designated successor, they're arguing about who's in charge while he's flying back under the Atlantic
I was replying to Torten's post which implied why Hague?
As an example (although it was before the 2010 election) Hague was scheduled to lead the Opposition in Prime Ministers Questions when Ivan Cameron died. In the event Gordon Brown cancelled it.

This was really, really funny. There's not much more to say, but you built the humour really well, very subtly, and a little twist of melancholy at the end there. Lovely.