Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Kansas City, MO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phoenix, AZ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 147978

I guess the Battle of Alberta wouldn't be that brutal if Edmonton returning to the NHL since I do not know when they last left the city.

2006-07 NHL Season
Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
Tampa Bay Crocs 103 points
Tennessee Raccoons 100 points
Atlanta Flames 97 points
Mighty Ducks of Orlando 94 points
New York Islanders 92 points

Washington Capitals 87 points
Philadelphia Flyers 81 points
New York Rangers 77 points

Northeast Division
Hartford Whalers 104 points
Ottawa Senators 100 points
Pittsburgh Killer Bees 95 points

Quebec Nordiques 88 points
Boston Bruins 84 points
Buffalo Sabres 79 points
Montreal Canadiens 77 points
Toronto Maple Leafs 69 points

Central Division
Detroit Red Wings 110 points
Chicago Blackhawks 102 points
Milwaukee Admirals 101 points
Minnesota Moose 100 points
St. Louis Blues 95 points

Houston Aeros 94 points
Cincinnati Blue Jackets 86 points
Edmonton Oilers 73 points

Pacific Division
San Jose Seals 106 points
Vancouver Canucks 98 points
Winnipeg Jets 96 points

Seattle Thunderbirds 92 points
Colorado Rockies 89 points
Calgary Wranglers 84 points
San Diego Penguins 80 points
Los Angeles Kings 72 points

Injuries plague the season as players like Joe Sakic of the Canucks and last year's Conn Snythe winner Roman Turek would suffer near season-ending injuries that left them sidelined. For the Canucks, this was their worst conference finish since 2000, as they took sixth in the west. Detroit, however, would take home the Presidents trophy as backup Ryan Miller would be a Vezina canadite for most of the season.

Home-ice advantage in the West was up in the air for the teams that are in the playoffs. In the Central, the Wings and Blackhawks would prove to be the top team along with San Jose unseating the Canucks in the Pacific. The Milwaukee Admirals and Minnesota Moose would join Vancouver in the middle seeds. Winnipeg and St. Louis would both return to the playoffs for the first time since the 1990s. Houston would fall out after a collapse to end their season (they lost 8 of their last 11).

The Northeast Division was Whalers Country as Daniel Alfredsson had another MVP campaign with Hartford. The Whalers would take home first place in the east. Ottawa was second and was barely keeping up with the Whalers. Pittsburgh would get hot late as they snatch third place. Everyone else in the Northeast were forced to take back seat this season.

The Atlantic was more competitive than the Northeast and it was a five-team race for the division near the end of the season. The Islanders was the first one to fall and fall they did. In the end, the Tampa Bay Crocs would win the Division for the first time since 2004, with Tennessee taking home second. The Atlanta Flames would take home third and Orlando fourth as the Ducks return to the playoffs.

I think beginning in 2007-2008, the Oilers should switch divisions with the Jets. And I looked on google and it turns out Nashville is west of Cincinnati and Detroit longitudinally so Nashville could switch with either Detroit or Cincinnati

Last edited:

Deleted member 147978

@WB18
@kinnikuniverse
@PGSBHurricane

Kept my promise, but anyways here it is:

2006 – 2007 National Hockey League Season
The NHL-WHA Merger - A Different Story (06-07 Eastern Conference).png
The NHL-WHA Merger - A Different Story (06-07 Western Conference).png

LEGEND:
P – President's Trophy
Z – Clinch Conference