AH State Names

I need names for three states, and the states are colored in dark blue. The map is c. 1886.

US MAP.JPG

Mikey said:
I need names for three states, and the states are colored in dark blue. The map is c. 1886.

I agree on Baja and West Texas, the other should be Sonora or Jalisco.

Raymann

Banned
Aztlan is some made up name made up by some crazy Mexicans in California.

West Texas should be called Houston.

Diamond

Banned
What's the deal with the 'V'-shaped state sandwiched between Nevada and Utah? Is that Deseret? If so, I don't have a clue what TTL Utah would be called. Nevada would still be Nevada, I guess.

And for your blue states, how about (from left to right) Lower California, Gadsden, West Texas?

Last edited:
More or less eccentric

From east to west:

Habsburgia, named by Emperor Maximilian I after his family´s origin,

The Nordmark, the frontier-area of the glorious Kaiserreich Mexico, called so as it´s constantly under military rule because of yankees from the east and indian confederation´s commandos from the north

The principality of Neu-Wittelsbach,
sold by Mexico to Bavaria , which used it to get idiot King Ludwig II as far away as possible. As Minister President von Lutz stated: "It´s cheaper than the castles he insists to build and less sinful than regicide."

Diamond said:
What's the deal with the 'V'-shaped state sandwiched between Nevada and Utah? Is that Deseret? If so, I don't have a clue what TTL Utah would be called. Nevada would still be Nevada, I guess.

And for your blue states, how about (from left to right) Lower California, Gadsden, West Texas?

There's another new state at the eastern end of Kentucky and Tennesee and this USA has lost a Dakota somewhere.

Diamond

Banned
Landshark said:
There's another new state at the eastern end of Kentucky and Tennesee and this USA has lost a Dakota somewhere.

LOL, I didn't even see those. Guess my early morning-at-work powers of observation are not the best. :)

So it looks like there may not have been an ACW, or at least not one like OTL, due to [Franklin ?] in the east and the state of Dakota. Maybe the state shoehorned at the east side of Kentucky is an 'indian' state?

Diamond

Banned
Just noticed some other things, too:

-The eastern Canadian provinces might be US states. They have borders shown, while the western provinces don't. Alternatively, all of central and western Canada might be one huge uberprovince.

-Alaska's border is not the same as OTL. It looks like its pushed significantly to the east at the lower portions.

-Cuba looks like its split in half.

Some answears:

-Yes, those three states are American
-Yes, Cuba is split into two terrtiories
-Yes, that is a states between Tennesee/Kentucky and Virginia/NC, and it's called Appalachia.
-The wedege-shaped 'state' is the Semi-Autonomous Republic of the Desert, and Utah will probally be named something else.
-ND and SD were both one Territory as OTL, and I think I might split it into two states or keep it as one.
-And Alaska is NOT AMERICAN. It is smaller because Britian and Russia fought a war over its borders, and it was a draw.
-Western Texas will be named: Sequyoah
-Sonora/Chiuaha state: waiting for more suggestions
-Baja California: Baja

I'm thinking Sequyoah was like WV OTL, it broke away from Texas during the ACW.

Xen

Banned
Aztlan was not a name made up by a bunch of crazy Mexicans in California. The name is older than modern day Mexicans and California. It comes from Aztec legend as the place where the Aztec's originated its from right around the border with Mexico and the US. Thats why in my thread Russo-American Alliance I had a state carved out of the second Mexican War called Aztlan.

West Virginia's name almost wasnt Sequahoyah, it was almost called Kanawa, and lesser know was the name of Westlyvania.

-The wedege-shaped 'state' is the Semi-Autonomous Republic of the Desert, and Utah will probally be named something else.

Utah is named for the Ute tribe native to the area. It could still keep the name Utah.