AH Discussion: Marriages that could've changed history

Who does Edward marry now if Eleanor is not available?
I'm just going to throw similarly-aged women at the wall and see who sticks:

I wonder if Margaret of Navarre or her sister Beatrice would work? Or maybe Constance of Aragon? Perhaps Margaret of Hungary too? (though significant butterflies would be required to make it work) There's also Elisabeth of Brabant, daughter of Henry II of Brabant (and OTL first wife of Albert I of Brunswick), though she might not be able to have children, which would require a remarriage at some point. Both Sophias of Denmark are the right age (the daughters of Eric IV and Abel, respectively) as well.

The issue I see is that many of the most politically-advantageous potential brides for Edward are all too closely related to him.

Did Henry III have that kind of juice with the church to get a dispensation for Edward to marry his first cousin Isabella? Their mothers were two of the four Provence sisters. Otherwise there is Constance of Aragon, the daughter of James I of Aragon; Sophia of Denmark should Henry be so inclined; Alix of Brittany, sister of Edward's OTL brother in law John II of Brittany.
IIRC, Constance was betrothed to the older brother of Philippe III, and when said brother died, the age gap between she and Philippe was deemed "too big". ISTR that there was talk about her marrying the comte d'Anjou/his son as well, but his son was even younger than Phil, so IDK
Considering how devout he was, I can see it being either that he doesn’t even want to try for it or that the pope is immediately like ‘yes ok’ because Henry is a good catholic king

but honestly, I can’t see it happening - first cousin marriages really weren’t much of a thing among european royalty during the Middle Ages. Joan of Kent and the black prince caused quite a stir and they were even a generation removed.
Edward could marry Marie of Brabant (daughter of Henri II of Brabant), since he was engaged to her when her dad died. She only married Ludwig of Bavaria after Edward wed Leonor, so there's a good chance she could still be available

IIRC, Constance was betrothed to the older brother of Philippe III, and when said brother died, the age gap between she and Philippe was deemed "too big". ISTR that there was talk about her marrying the comte d'Anjou/his son as well, but his son was even younger than Phil, so IDK

Edward could marry Marie of Brabant (daughter of Henri II of Brabant), since he was engaged to her when her dad died. She only married Ludwig of Bavaria after Edward wed Leonor, so there's a good chance she could still be available
Wasn't Marie almost 15 years older than Edward?

Wasn't Marie almost 15 years older than Edward?
The agreement of 1247 mentions "a daughter" of the duke of Brabant, but since both her elder sisters were already married and her half-sister was still dirtying diapers, it's generally believed that Marie was the one intended. Although given that said half-sister married the same year as Edward I and Leonor, it's possible she was the intended

An interesting match could be the widowed James V to Kristina of Denmark. With the future kings of Scots inheriting not only a claim to England but also Denmark-Norway

The agreement of 1247 mentions "a daughter" of the duke of Brabant, but since both her elder sisters were already married and her half-sister was still dirtying diapers, it's generally believed that Marie was the one intended. Although given that said half-sister married the same year as Edward I and Leonor, it's possible she was the intended
Pretty unlikely who Henry III would take Marie, 13 years older than his son, when Elisabeth was only four years younger than Edward

Pretty unlikely who Henry III would take Marie, 13 years older than his son, when Elisabeth was only four years younger than Edward
And of course we have very few records about Elisabeth, so she is pretty much a historical cipher other than she died at around 18 in 1261 in OTL and had no children with her husband Albert. She was however the great-great granddaughter of King Stephen, through his daughter Marie, her daughter Matilda, and then of course Henry II of Brabant. She also would have been the cousin of the then King of the Romans, William of Holland.