AH Challenge: John Tyler the Great

This man was once PoTUS, that is the extent of my knowledge. Even most Americans seem to know little else about this man.

Therefore your mission should you chose to accept it is with a POD no earlier than his inauguration make John Tyler one of the most famous, or infamous, American Presidents.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good John Tyler:

The Mexican-American War happens under his prescidency and he succesfully conquers all of Mexico.

Bad John Tyler:

The Civil War starts and Tyler goes over to the Southern side causing the North not the South to secade. At the end of the war the North wins and hangs John Tyler for treason.

Caspian

Banned
I think the main change would be that Tyler decides to cooperate with the Whig Congress quite a bit more. By doing this he could maybe annex Texas as he actually did but with more support. Perhaps a successful treaty fixing the Oregon boundary dispute. With all this, he might be rated about where Polk is today (Polk himself would probably not have become President).

This man was once PoTUS, that is the extent of my knowledge. Even most Americans seem to know little else about this man.

Therefore your mission should you chose to accept it is with a POD no earlier than his inauguration make John Tyler one of the most famous, or infamous, American Presidents.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
His Accidency? One could make a case that he already is one of the most infamous presidents.