AH Challenge: EU Emigration to US

With a POD after 1980, have droves of Europeans emigrating to the US. The European immigrants to the US must outnumber immigrants from any other continet by a large ammount. Your only real restriction is that you can't screw around with the climate or such stuff that is out of the control of man (so don't just have a massive famine in Europe).

Also, what are the effects of this?

Susano

Banned
Bah. Most modern famines are man-made anyways.

This being said make the fall of the USSR harder. MUCH harder. Lots of famines and economic disaster and stuff. And you have your Europeans. Not EU europens, but you didnt specify that :p

Susano said:
Bah. Most modern famines are man-made anyways.

This being said make the fall of the USSR harder. MUCH harder. Lots of famines and economic disaster and stuff. And you have your Europeans. Not EU europens, but you didnt specify that :p
Figured the USSR would figure into it. Wasn't looking for EU europeans specifically, I just was too lazy to type out the european instead of EU. Yeah, I know that I just typed way more than I saved.

Susano

Banned
Still, my scenaroio does not make much sense. Most East Europeans would simply come to West Europe, border controls or not.

I guess we need a war. A real intra-european war, rpreferable between two west/west central european states. But I guess thats really hard to do...

Well, what could hypothetically screw Europe, while leaving America a pleasant alternative?

Economic troubles?
Terrorism?

Oh, howabout some terrorists bomb some nuclear plants across Europe (relatively simoultaneously)? That'll get people outta there in a hurry...

Can you still, with the required POD after 1980, plausibly have a Soviet conquest of western Europe, and create a refugee exodus that way?

Duncan said:
Can you still, with the required POD after 1980, plausibly have a Soviet conquest of western Europe, and create a refugee exodus that way?
Not sure, but you could have them try...