AH Challenge: Bourbon Britain

I am going to love this :D.

Your challenge, should you accept it, is to have the House of Bourbon rule the nation of Great Britain for a decent period of time, and loved dearly by their people. There are no POD limits, but be reasonable.

2 bonus point are available.
The first (and easier of the two) is that Bourbons still rule France and Spain. Hard, yes, but not quite as number 2.
The second bonus point is to have them installed after a French invasion.

Happy Thinking

I think if we go back to the Glorious revolution of 1688 and the moving of William onto the throne then a bourbon seems a lot more likely. Keeping a stuart and a catholic in charge could definitely ease the transition to bourbon control alot. Perhaps if the Louis the XIV succeeds in conquering and destroying the Dutch, the English would have really no other ally available. This gets rid of Glorious Revolution and gives France total domination of alot of europe.

The Habsburgs would be very upset with this unbalance of power but when their Succesion problems come around they will have to bend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Bourbon , a French Protestant prince, is forced to go into exile in England. He seduces and marries Queen Elizabeth. Their son Henry of Bourbon-Tudor is the heir of England but also, by the Salic law, the heir of France.
1589: Henry III of France dies, in a country torn by the Wars of Religion. Henry of Bourbon-Tudor (this TL's equivalent of Henry IV) is then in France with an army and full support from his mother, and makes himself acknowledge as the legitimate king.
1603: Elizabeth dies. A war of succession erupts between the partisans of Stuarts and Bourbons. Henry IV of France lands back in England with a French army, and makes himself acknowledge as Henry IX of England. The two kingdoms are since bound by a personal union (... or he leaves France to his elder son and England to a younger one, giving birth to two branches of the Bourbon-Tudor dynasty?)
Bourbons of Spain: as in OTL:p
Do I have all the bonuses:D?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Bourbon , a French Protestant prince, is forced to go into exile in England. He seduces and marries Queen Elizabeth. Their son Henry of Bourbon-Tudor is the heir of England but also, by the Salic law, the heir of France.
1589: Henry III of France dies, in a country torn by the Wars of Religion. Henry of Bourbon-Tudor (this TL's equivalent of Henry IV) is then in France with an army and full support from his mother, and makes himself acknowledge as the legitimate king.
1603: Elizabeth dies. A war of succession erupts between the partisans of Stuarts and Bourbons. Henry IV of France lands back in England with a French army, and makes himself acknowledge as Henry IX of England. The two kingdoms are since bound by a personal union (... or he leaves France to his elder son and England to a younger one, giving birth to two branches of the Bourbon-Tudor dynasty?)
Bourbons of Spain: as in OTL:p
Do I have all the bonuses:D?
You forget Scotland has to be part of the deal.

Thanks! Ah, and Scotland? Well, at some time the Stuart dynasty becomes extinct, just that a Bourbon-Tudor married the nearest female heiress ands... that's it;)

POD: Henry V of England survives his 1422 bout of dysentery and lives to be crowned King of France. Under his leadership, English rule in France is eventually consolidated. In the process of Henry's conquest and consolidation, the House of Valois is wiped out.

Henry V dies in 1461, leaving both his thrones to his son Henry VI. Henry VI was raised in France, is the son of a Valois princess, and is married to a French noblewoman. sets up his court in Paris and runs a France-centric administration. He also suffers from bouts of madness.

Richard Duke of York leads a rebellion in England against Henry VI in 1463, but the rebellion is quickly put down by a combination of English loyalists and the combined might of the French army. Henry VI's only son dies in battle during the York Rebellion. Richard is executed, and the remainder of the House of York is stripped of their titles.

Henry VI dies in 1491. His heir to the French throne is the 21-year-old Francis of Bourbon. There is no clear heir to the English throne and several possible candidates, but the French garrisons Henry VI placed in strategic locations following the York Rebellion quickly proclaim Francis as King of England. The York heirs quickly size up their chances as slim to none and decide not to risk a second rebellion, and Richard Earl of Warwick takes the safe route by accepting Francis's offer of the title of Lord Protector (ruling England in Francis's name) rather than advancing a claim to the throne in his own right. Warwick proves and able ruler as well as a skilled dealmaker and propogandist, and consolidates English popular opinion firmly behind the House of Bourbon.

Given the timing, I'm tempted to butterfly away Spain's sponsorship of Columbus and have him turn next to France and England (as he was planning to do in OTL), and have young Francis embrace the idea enthusiastically. But that makes this timeline feel a bit too much like a bourbonwank.

The main problem now is how to get England off the glidepath to eventual independence under the House of Warwick. I was originally thinking of having Francis's eldest son take over as Lord Protector when Warwick dies (starting a tradition of the crown prince ruling England in the King's name), but Charles is way too young, leaving Warwick's son as the logical next Lord Protector, thus promoting a Warwick dynasty.

I think if we go back to the Glorious revolution of 1688 and the moving of William onto the throne then a bourbon seems a lot more likely.
William was chosen because he was not a catholic, without a POD earlier than this I can not see a catholic bourbon being accepted by anyone.