Aftermath of Legend (1995 tv series)

I've been watching the slightly steampunk western tv series Legend, set roughly around 1876.
th

It follows the exploits of Ernest Pratt a popular dime store novelist who ends up finding himself adopting the identity of his character Nicodemus Legend. Following the Hungarian inventor Janos Bartok, an expy of Nikola Tesla masqueraded as the character, while diverting water to aid fellow Hungarian immigrants in Colorado against a ruthless cattle baroness. Afterwards continuing on with his new persona for new materials on the books

The show contained several devices invented by Bartok that were generations ahead of their time including the synonymous land rover. Which got me thinking about the long term implications of such technologies being introduced and what butterflies they'd produce.
njoKGTlwXemzlGNCDfeSh37KUv0.jpg

So far I've scene...
  • A functional steam car
  • A taser styled device that shoots lightning
  • Functional night vision imagery
  • Tapping into telegraph lines
  • A Remote controlled device
  • Practical nock out gas and plague doctor esque gas masks.

I'm guessing with Pratt's connections Bartok's inventions will be introduced to wider public within the next ten to twenty years. With soldiers now wearing bullet proof vests and using energy weapons.

I kinda expect this world to become more advanced than OTL thanks to Bartok's invention but with the Twilight of the Old West coming even sooner.