After Palma: Vikings of the Balearics

To hold onto the African cities, Sigurd will either have to find some way to convert them to Christianity or himself convert to Islam.

Because the Spanish converted to Islam when they took over Andalusia and the Ottomans converted to Christianity when they took over the Eastern Roman Empire...

False dichotomy- holding on to those cities against a vast, Muslim hinterland that can raid you and sap your manpower will be hard. It was different with the Ottomans- who used jizya and relative toleration, and the Spaniards, who used zealotry and the Inquisition. Furthermore, Sigurds powerbase is in Norway, and it'll be hard to hold on to these isolated cities.

False dichotomy- holding on to those cities against a vast, Muslim hinterland that can raid you and sap your manpower will be hard. It was different with the Ottomans- who used jizya and relative toleration, and the Spaniards, who used zealotry and the Inquisition. Furthermore, Sigurds powerbase is in Norway, and it'll be hard to hold on to these isolated cities.

Considering Sigurd is known OTL as Sigurd the Crusader, don't you think we can categorize him in the zealotry and inquisition pot?

By the way, Velasco, if you are in need of maps or anything, message me some details and I can draw one up

Or he could go the Norman route and do a reverse jizya, earning as much coin as possible from the remaining Muslim inhabitants (while giving them the incentive to go to the "one true faith.")

At this point in time, were there any remnants, linguistic enclaves etc of the last set of Nordic kingdoms in the Mediterranean, the Vandals and Visigoths?

I believe the Kings of Sweden had King of the Goths on their list of titles for a long time, and I think the Danish crown had the Vandals on its list untill 1972.

At this point in time, were there any remnants, linguistic enclaves etc of the last set of Nordic kingdoms in the Mediterranean, the Vandals and Visigoths?

No, those languages went extinct a couple of centuries before the start of the POD, if I recollect. But I imagine future Norse-descended rulers of the Balearics would try to hark back to the Vandals and Visigoths. :D

A part of me hopes for a successor to conquer Tunisia and use funds to rebuilt the city of Carthage into a capital of a mighty Nordic Empire. :D

No, those languages went extinct a couple of centuries before the start of the POD, if I recollect. But I imagine future Norse-descended rulers of the Balearics would try to hark back to the Vandals and Visigoths. :D

A part of me hopes for a successor to conquer Tunisia and use funds to rebuilt the city of Carthage into a capital of a mighty Nordic Empire. :D

That would be badass.

Damn the plausibility, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

San Sigurd di Cartagine. We should totes go Italian. (I imagine Sigurd would invite in Italians anyways to boost up New Carthage's Christian population)

I'd rather not speculate too much this early, but Sicilians would indeed seem a prime candidate, as they're already inured to diversity and tolerance and all that hippie stuff. Maybe Spaniards too, depending on how that goes.