Affiliated States of Boreoamerica thread

So I've only ever really been an observer, but recently I've felt compelled to maybe possibly throw in my two cents;
View attachment 537947
Here's an idea for this universes equivalent to Mozambique, now it would have still been colonized by the Portuguese and much of its history would have probably been similar to our timelines Mozambique, with the major difference being that the Portuguese and placed more emphasis on developing the region as a whole, so by the time that the nation gains independence, they end up a bit better off economically. Using this better position in life, they manage to "convince" some of their less sable neighbors to join them in a Southern African Union, and have in recent years been turning their attention towards the Congo region.
For whatever reason my enthusiasm for working on this thread plummeted the spring before last. I'll try to catch up in the next few days. I have not totally abandoned the ASB. I've spent quite a lot of time in the last year filling in Griffin's state symbols spreadsheet, and most recently I've collected files and explanations for the state flags in one place. ( https://karnell.weebly.com/flags.html )

For ideas like Mozambique, very far from the areas where I've primarily focused, I think we can safely consider them to be part of the timeline inasmuch as they don't contradict what's already here. This project is much bigger than just me now, and that's extremely gratifying. EE, I'm sorry for not responding to your ideas before.

The easiest thing that could be done would be to increase contact between the Aboriginals and Makassar people of Indonesia; historians say that this began around 1720, however there are also those who date the beginning of this intermittent contact to as early as 1640 or even the 1500s. Increasing this contact could lead to some interesting cultural developments in Australia; in particular, as the Makassar were predominantly Islamic, we could see Islam spread to parts of northern and western Australia, both through adoption by Aboriginal tribes and settlement from Indonesia. It is also likely that new Makassar-dominant states would be founded in Australia over time, and this influx of people from Indonesia could also spread technology and agriculture. While I'm personally still partial towards having independent Aboriginal civilizations, I also find this to be a fascinating idea that could be expanded upon.
Very very late I know, but the idea of a Makassar-influenced civilization rising up in northern Australia is obviously fascinating. Maybe the group has already moved on from the idea, but I like it. And the settlements there could potentially serve as the nucleii of new states, couldn't they? I know that's not exactly what you were looking for.

And @Somebody-Someone , I'm now just looking at all your maps for the first time. It's a lot of material, but I'm here now.

State words
State words, mottoes, and sayings of the ASB

@Griffin04 began to assemble this list like a year ago, and we've been in touch since then to flesh it out. I like to think that state mottoes in the ASB have a little more cachet than their equivalents in our timeline. There are only a few real ones that are well known outside their borders, especially ones that seem to encapsulate their respective states and provinces like New Hampshire's Live Free or Die or Quebec's Je me souviens. In this timeline, maybe not all of these mottoes are famous like those, but they all serve as a focus of identity. They might be used in political debates as a distillation of the state's core values. Some may have a history as war cries and a contemporary use as cheers at sporting events.

As in any such list, we see wide variety: local and foreign languages; some calls for unity and some for defiance; some clear and well-defined statements and some whose meaning is mysterious.

StateWordsLanguageTranslationNotes
AlleghenyLes montagnards sont toujours libresFrenchMountain-dwellers are always free
ArquesJustice, Union, IndustrieFrenchJustice, Union, IndustryFor those of you who don't read French
AssiniboiaKaa-tipeyimishoyaahkMichifWe are those who govern ourselvesCore principle of the Métis revolt
BahamasRegi ultra aquam / To the King over the WaterLatin and English (both are official)Jacobite toast and statement of loyalty. Efforts to adopt a more modern motto have failed to gain traction.
BermudaQuo fata feruntLatinWhither the fates carry [us]Quote from the Aeneid. Reference to the hurricanes and shipwrecks that have racked the islands' history.
CanadaJe me souviensFrenchI rememberOpinions differ on whether this is supposed to refer to a specific thing, or to remembering the past in general.
CarolinaDum spiro speroLatinWhile I breathe, I hopeReplaced the colonial motto Domitus cultoribus orbis (Tamed by the cultivators of the earth) shortly after the start of responsible government in the 1770s
Cayman IslandsHe hath founded it upon the seasEnglishQuote from Psalm 24
CherokeeᎦᏚᎩ (Gadugi)CherokeeWorking together
ChicasawNanna AyyaChicasawPeace
Choctawish ikhana chikeChoctawYou must rememberFormula used in storytelling
ChristianaVisheten är rikets stödSwedishWisdom is the support of the realmPersonal motto of Queen Kristina, adopted by the state in the mid 19th century
CubaQue morir por la patria es vivirSpanishThat to die for the homeland is to liveLine from the revolutionary hymn La bayamesa
DakotaMitákuye Owás’įDakotaWe are all related / All my relationsReligious formula used in prayer and ceremonies. The motto is an extension of this cultural spirit of interconnectedness to the civic spirit of the state.
East AcadiaAve maris stellaLatinHail, star of the seasOpening line of the state anthem
East DominicaDios, patria, libertadSpanishGod, homeland, freedom
East FloridaPlus ultraLatinFurther beyondTaken from the royal motto of Spain
HuroniaGdoo-naaganinaaAnishinaabeDish with one spoon / Our dishCommon metaphor for sharing things in common and resolving conflicts peacefully
IllinoisSouveraineté étatique, union continentaleFrenchState sovereignty, continental unionExpression of mid-19th century support for the cause of Affiliation
IroquoiaWahakwakirayento ne SkennenkowaCommon Iroquois (based on Mohawk)I plant the Tree of Great PeaceOpening line from the oral constitution, the Great Law of Peace. The tree represents the permanence of peace among the nations.
Labradorᓄᓇᑦᓯᐊᕗᑦ (Nunatsiavut)InuktitutOur beautiful land
Lower ConnecticutMeliorem lapsa locavitLatinHe has planted one better than the one fallenIt's not completely clear what this refers to. "The one fallen" may be the pre-1664 New Haven colony, the pre-1690 Dominion of New England, or the 1780s-era confederation with Massachusetts. Either way, it evokes the state's main symbol, an oak tree.
Lower LouisianaJustice, Union, ConfianceFrenchJustice, Union, Confidence
Lower Virginia (1)Sic semper tyrannisLatinThus always to tyrantsRevolutionary war cry
(2)Don't tread on meEnglishTogether with the state's rattlesnake symbol
Maryland (1)Fatti maschii, parole femineItalianManly deeds, womanly wordsThe personal/family motto of Lord Baltimore. It's been called into question in light of modern ideas about gender. On the one hand, it relies on obvious stereotypes. On the other hand, it is progressive in its way by acknowledging the essential role of women and men together. Sometimes it is given the alternate translation "Firm deeds, gentle words."
(2)Regi ultra aquam / To the King over the WaterLatin and English (both are official)The Jacobite toast and loyalty statement is also official in Maryland.
MassachusettsInimica tyrannisLatinThe enemy to tyrantsRevolutionary motto
MuscoguiaPaksvnke, Mucv-Nettv, PakseMuscoguiYesterday, Today, Tomorrow
NewfoundlandQuaerite prime Regnum DeiLatinSeek ye first the kingdom of GodQuote from the Book of Matthew, granted in 1637
New HampshireLife free or dieEnglishAdapted by a toast made by John Stark, revolutionary general
New NetherlandEendracht maakt machtDutchUnity makes strengthSame as the motto of the Dutch Republic
New ScotlandMunit haec et altera vincitLatinOne [hand] defends and the other conquersFrom a Scottish grant of arms. The slogan is often said to refer to the lion in the center of the shield, which has one hand raised and one lowered.
OhioConfoederatio in confoederationeLatinConfederation within a confederationDates to Ohio's earliest days as a state. Its political structure is more centralized today, but the state still celebrates the diversity of its internal regions.
PennsylvaniaMercy and JusticeEnglishChosen by William Penn for the first colonial seal
PlymouthJust and Equal LawsEnglishQuote from the Mayflower Compact of 1620 , which remains fully in effect today.
PoutaxiaAmicitiaLatinFriendshipEstablished as the motto when the state was constituted by leaders from Connecticut, New Netherland, Pennsylvania and Iroquoia.
Rhode IslandHopeEnglishReference to Hebrews 6:18 - "Hope we have as an anchor of the soul" - together with the state's anchor symbol.
Saint John's IslandAbegweitMi'kmaqLand cradled in the wavesThe Mi'kmaq name for the island has also been adopted as the motto.
Saint PierreAskatasuna, berdintasuna, senidetasuna / Frankiz, parded, breudeuriezh / Liberté, égalité, fraternitéBasque, Breton, and French (all three are official)Liberty, Equality, BrotherhoodSame as the motto of the French Republic
SaybrookQui sustinet transtulitLatinHe who transplanted sustainsMotto from the colonial seal
SeminolInvictiLatinUnconqueredOriginally referred to the nation's status as unconquered allies of the Spanish empire.
Turks and CaicosIslands TogetherEnglishA motto of the islands' movements for autonomy and later statehood. In 2017 it was the name of an initiative for restoring confidence in the local government, then became the official motto soon after.
Upper ConnecticutAlteri seculoLatinAnother generationSupports the state's motif of an acorn growing new shoots.
Upper CountryA mari usque ad mareLatinFrom sea to seaQuote from Psalm 72
Upper Louisiana (1)Montre-moiFrenchShow meAs with "je me souviens," nobody is quite sure where this comes from, but it's synonymous with the state.
(2)Salus Populi Suprema Lex EstoLatinLet the welfare of the people be the supreme lawA more weighty-sounding motto used by some government branches.
Upper VirginiaUnited we stand, divided we fallEnglishTaken from the era of the Wars of Independence, adopted when the state split from LV as a way to affirm its solidarity with the ASB.
VermontFreedom and UnityEnglish
VineyardsConcordia res parvae crescuntLatinSmall things flourish by concordQuote from Sallust's Jugurthine War
WataugaBe sure you're right, then go aheadEnglishQuote from David Crockett, regional diplomat
West AcadiaTerra fidesque nostraLatinOur land and our faith
West DominicaDieu, le travail, la libertéFrenchGod, Work, FreedomFrom the hymn Quand nos Aïeux brisèrent leurs entraves by poet Oswald Durand, written 1893
West FloridaLiberty, egalité, fraternidadEnglish, French, Spanish (one word from each language)Liberty, equality, brotherhoodTrilingual translation of the motto of the French Republic

Last edited:
Glad to see this posted! In my head, I had Lower Connecticut's motto as an indirect reference to the failed New Haven Colony, but the other interpretations are certainly valid too, and I like the idea of a motto no one quite knows the meaning of. Also, West Dominica's is taken from a line from Quand nos Aïeux brisèrent leurs entraves, a poem by Haitian national poet Oswald Durand, which was sometimes used as a national anthem before the current one was adopted.

Last edited:
I might as well post a tiny blurb that I had worked on previously:

Los Hermanos Peninsular: The ASB's own Florida Men
In Hispanophone ASB states, each state of course has its own stereotypes; from the perspective of Havana (considered the cultural and economic center of the Hispanophone ASB), Cubans are considered "cultured" and "normal," while East Dominicans are considered "simple" and "rustic" in an endearing salt-of-the-earth sort of way. This has its background in the tendency of East Dominicans to move to Cuba to work menial jobs for a higher wage than in their home state. In addition, East Dominican women are reputed across the ASB to be the most beautiful of any state. On the reverse, the East Dominicans see themselves as "moral," "hardworking," and "friendly," with Cubans seen as "posh," "pretentious," and "immoral." This comes from the fact that typically, a Cuban in East Dominica is either a wealthy executive looking for cheap labor or a young man on holiday attracted to the extremely low price of liquor and the aforementioned women.

And then, there are the Peninsulares. The states of Seminole and East and West Florida are seen in both Cuba and East Dominica as just plain odd.

Concurrent with the rise of drug abuse, socioeconomic shifts, and increased adoption of the internet, more attention was drawn to the bizarre and baffling crimes committed in those states and by people from those states. In Cuban newspaper headlines, the individuals involved in these strange events are referred to either by their state of origin or residence, or simply as "Peninsular." This gave rise to an interpretation where all these crimes and strange occurrences were committed by three brothers, Estefloridiano, Oestefloridiano, and Seminoleño, surnamed Peninsular, with the three of them appearing as a satire of folk heroes whose deeds are anything but.

Estefloridiano Peninsular is imagined to be a spendthrift who buys expensive things and does stupid things with them, typically resulting in their destruction. Due to long-standing colonial policies, East Florida maintained the casta system longer than any other territory in the Americas, which is felt today with the state having an immense gap between rich and poor. The rich are typically pure-blooded Europeans descended from aristocrats who have inherited a great deal of wealth. Many of these individuals, however, lack the sense necessary to use that money responsibly.
Sample headlines:
Estefloridiano crashes boat, asks police to let him go so he can buy a new one
Estefloridiano flies private plane to make an obscene pattern on flight tracker
Estefloridiano steals luxury car after being told he cannot pay for it with jewelry

Oestefloridiano Peninsular is imagined to be simply strange without qualification. As a racially and linguistically diverse state, west Florida doesn't really have a single sense of "normal;" and among its wide array of individuals, some of them stranger than others. The state's rural character and picturesque coastline has given it a (not entirely deserved) reputation as a gentle paradise. Rather than being a criminal, Oestefloridiano is characterized as doing things that are more or less benign, but still extremely weird. However, he still dabbles in hobbies outside the law. At times, he has extraordinarily good or bad luck.
Sample headlines:
Oestefloridiano discharged from hospital after being assaulted and robbed, is assaulted and robbed while still in parking lot
Oestefloridiano needs help locating an 18-foot banana
Oestefloridiano arrested for yelling how babies are made at children on playground

Seminoleño Peninsular is perhaps the most distinctive of the three brothers. His crimes disproportionately deal with the native wildlife of Seminol; as the site of the Espiritu Santo wetlands [OTL Everglades], Seminol has a diverse array of animals that at times become embroiled in especially bizarre crimes and occurrences. Usually, Seminoleño is imagined as an individual who has a profound connection with animals and nature, often either harassing them, being harassed by them, or using them to commit various crimes.
Sample headlines:
Seminoleño throws a live alligator at restaurant worker
Seminoleño arrested for illegally riding a manatee
Video of Seminoleño
being attacked by a squirrel goes viral

Various theories have been put forward regarding the ultimate origin of the "Peninsular" phenomenon. Some include the state laws on the availability of arrest records, deliberate promotion by Cuban social media companies, low availability of mental healthcare, poor socioeconomic conditions, unusually high levels of drug use, and simply the side-effects of spending too much time in the hot sun. To be sure, every state in the ASB experiences odd crimes and occurrences, but whether there are legitimately more such events in that region or whether it's simply confirmation bias run amok is an unanswered, and probably unanswerable, question.

Last edited:
Glad to see this posted! In my head, I had Lower Connecticut's motto as an indirect reference to the failed New Haven Colony, but the other interpretations are certainly valid too, and I like the idea of a motto no one quite knows the meaning of. Also, West Dominica's is taken from a line from Quand nos Aïeux brisèrent leurs entraves, a poem by Haitian national poet Oswald Durand, which was sometimes used as a national anthem before the current one was adopted.
OK, that's all been added.

The Languages of the ASB, Part 3: The Established European Languages
(Scots, Gaelic, Swedish, German, Basque, other Celtic languages, other Nordic languages)

The “Established” European languages denote those that have a long history within the ASB, going back to the colonial era or the initial period of modern settlement. You'll notice that all are from western Europe. The first four have sizable populations and official status in at least one state. The map is just for a quick reference to places named in the text. Credit as always to Gian for making the base.

8kbam_asb-layers-refforlangpost.png

3A. Scots

Scotland separated from the English monarchy in the middle of the seventeenth century. But the Scots were not particularly assertive about their language at first. Their ideology of independence consisted in Calvinism and aristocratic pride, not anything like modern nationalism, and its leaders were content to keep following the English lead when it came to language. It was only a century later that a generation of poets and writers began to self-consciously differentiate Scots from English. Rabbie Burns fits so nicely into this world that I’m keeping him, and he was the unrivalled leader of Scotland’s struggle for linguistic independence.

In America, this period corresponded with the Province of New Scotland’s achievement of political autonomy. But economically and culturally, it kept a close connection to the mother country, and this period saw some of the highest rates of immigration from Scotland. The new assertiveness of Scots language also crossed the ocean.

Scots always had a reactive, pugnacious quality to it, characterized above all by a desire not to be English. This has been no different in the American context, for just as Scotland had to deal with England as an ever-present neighbor, so does New Scotland have New England. The southern end of the state has a significant Yankee population, and New Englanders were always a constant presence in New Scottish ports. This produced an acute sense that Scots language and identity needed to be protected from creeping English influence.

The first Scots-language schoolbooks in America were published in the early decades of the 19th century. The first ordinances promoting the language over English date from the same era. In 1854, the New England Academy was founded; New Scotland followed suit four years later by chartering a branch of the Academy of Scotland. There has been relatively little desire to assert the independence of any particularly American variety of Scots; instead, the European form is held up as the standard.

The twentieth century saw an increasingly elaborate body of laws designed to safeguard the distinctiveness of the Scots language in America. English-Speaking New Scottish people like to laugh at the seeming pettiness of some of the rules, but the guardians of the language consider them essential.

Outside New Scotland itself, the Scots language has mostly behaved in such a fashion as to confirm the fears of its defenders. Almost everywhere, speakers have shifted to English. West Acadia is the only other state where the language has any substantial presence, and even there it may be declining, the smallest of the state’s five official languages.

3B. Gaelic · Gàidhlig

Gaelic, the other Scottish language, faces a different set of challenges. It is not threatened by the simple fact of its similarity to a neighboring language, but its speakers have often faced cultural and class-based prejudices, as well as easy mixing with other groups. It has to contend not only with Scots, but also with French and English.

Gaelic speakers settled much of the interior of New Scotland from the early eighteenth century. Their settlements were isolated, clannish, and self-sufficient - the perfect climate for language maintenance. This provided Gaelic with a solid center within the cultural melting pot of Acadia. The colonial era saw a good deal of intermarriage between the Highlander and Franco-Acadian populations, resulting in a mixing of cultures and a switch from Gaelic to French in some villages.

New Scotland as a whole has had contradictory attitudes toward this minority group. On the one hand, the Gaelic language is a source of pride and a link to Scotland’s ancient past. The public display of Gaelic, things like signs and mottoes, is popular all over the state. On the other hand, the Highlanders themselves are stereotyped as ignorant peasants. Gaelic speakers who want to advance professionally need to use an additional language. Scots and French have some presence in even the remotest villages of the province, so it is not uncommon for people in Gaelic-speaking villages to grow up trilingual, perhaps adding English as a fourth language later on.

To confront these pressures, Gaelic speakers have also taken steps to protect their language. Throughout Acadia, each municipality has a declared official language, and those that are part of the Acadian Gàidhealtachd take strict measures to maintain the language’s use in education and the public sphere. This extends into parts of West and East Acadia as well as New Scotland itself.

To protect and promote Gaelic, the Acadian states have cooperated to set up a series of official bodies. The first was a Gaelic Association (not a full-fledged academy) around the turn of the 20th century. A bit later the Academy of Scotland, both in Europe and America, set up separate departments for Gaelic. The American Gaelic department then split off in the 1990s to join with Gaels from the other Acadian states to found an independent academy. It is located in New Glasgow and is one of the basket of institutions run by the Acadian states collectively.

3C. Swedish · Svenska

The outsized prominence of Christiana leads many people to overestimate the size of the Swedish-speaking population of the ASB. Even within Chrisitana, the language does not command a majority. It is roughly equal in size to the English Christianers, with Lenape- and Dutch-speaking minorities ensuring that neither tops 50% of the population. Still, Swedish is an important part of the confederation’s linguistic landscape, with pockets of speakers in several states.

From the late eighteenth century, some Swedish-speaking populations moved inland from Christiana, largely along lines set by the state’s close connection to the Lenape nation. A large group settled on the western bank of the Poutaxat in what became southeastern Poutaxia. Another went out to the Ohio country, creating a Swedish community in what is now Chalacatha province.

Later on, Christiana served as the point of entry for a new wave of immigrants from Sweden. Drawn by the prospect of farming the plains of Dakota and the Upper Country, many Swedish families passed through Christiana on their journey west. Very often, a new village on the prairies would be anchored by a core of "old Swede" settlers - actually Mixed Swedish-Lenape - which then attracted newcomers from Europe.

The broken line of Swedish settlements stretches from the Poutaxat to the Missouri. Their numbers are not big, but they comprise a proud and vibrant language community. In the mid-20th century, political tension between the ASB and Sweden kindled a desire to promote distinctly American varieties of the language. A few publishers and universities have put forward dictionaries and guides to fill this need. American Swedish has no formal regulatory body.

3D. German · Deutsch

The ASB has no state that started as a specifically German colony, but Germans have taken part in colonizations up and down the continent, a leitmotif playing in the background of the confederation’s history. A number of Protestant colonies intentionally attracted German immigrants to augment their numbers, in particular New Netherland, Christiana, Pennsylvania, and New Scotland.

In Pennsylvania, the Germans at one point came close to outnumbering the English. While this is no longer the case, German is still the state’s second language. Centuries of intermarriage has meant that Pennamites are usually considered a single ethnic group, members of which might speak either English or German (or, frequently, both). The Pennamites carried German westward into Poutaxia, Allegheny, Ohio, and the southern tier of the Upper Country.

Missionaries from the Moravian Church were another source of German language and culture. They had the largest linguistic impact in Labrador, where German is one of the state’s official languages to this day.

After 1833, the newly independent Francophone states of Louisiana and Canada also sought immigrants from Germany to help develop their interior regions, which today are the states of Upper Louisiana and the Upper Country. Louisiana German is mostly a heritage language nowadays, but the community in the Upper Country is still living and active, especially in the Miliouqué, Prairies, and Aux-Fèves countries to the west of Lake Michigan. West Dominica also drew German immigrants. While many Boreoamericans looked askance at the Black-ruled republic, German investors and laborers tended to lack the racial prejudices held by citizens of the colonizer nations. They helped to modernize the state's economy, ensuring the profitability of its sugar and coffee.

As with Swedish, the German language is promoted by a network of associations, schools, and companies, rather than any official body. But the ASB’s Deutschbereich is much more diffuse, not centered on any one state.

3E. Basque · Euskara

Basque fishermen were among the first Europeans in North America. They established many small settlements, some seasonal and some permanent, but the closest they came to having a colony of their own was in St. Pierre and Miquelon. A century and a half ago, Basque was the most common language of the islands. It has been almost entirely eclipsed by French but is still holding on, supported by a Euskal Institutua that is working to revive it. Basque can also still be heard in a few villages along the coast of far eastern Canada and southern Labrador.

3F. Other Celtic languages

The Irish language has a long history in the ASB, mostly in small pockets and often surrounded by English speakers. This geographic scattering has had a deleterious effect on the survival of the language. Most Irish descendants in Boreoamerica speak English, proud though they may be of their roots. A few communities in northwestern Carolina still speak the language, and this pocket is notable for having a sizable Black as well as White population of Irish speakers. Beaver Island in Lake Michigan attracted a population of Irish-speaking fishermen in the years before 1900, and their isolation from the rest of the state helped them keep their language.

Pennsylvania has historic and sentimental connections to Wales, dating back to the days of William Penn. Penn granted Welsh County to a group of Welsh Quakers. They established schools and courts in their own language that thrived for generations. But the county’s proximity to Philadelphia doomed Welsh; there were just too many English speakers moving in. The language community, still rather healthy in 1800, was a curiosity by 1900 and essentially gone today. The only Pennsylvania Welsh to keep their language were those who moved further away, namely to the secluded valleys of Kitchatinny province in Poutaxia. There in the shadow of the Blue Mountain, Welsh-speaking farmers live on in their close-knit villages.

Breton-speaking fishermen together with Normans and Basques were prominent in the history of the islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon. But the islands’ tiny size fostered intermarriage, and the Bretons did not survive as a distinct language community. Some Breton people of St. Pierre still know phrases they learned from their grandparents, and the language appears on some trilingual signs around town together with French and Basque.

3G. Other Nordic languages

Norwegian and Icelandic people have immigrated in small numbers to the ASB, and as it happens one early settlement project brought people from both nations to Noquet Island in Lake Michigan. Danish turned out to be the most convenient common language for the mixed community, and this is the language that was passed down. Remote Noquet proved exactly right for the maintenance of a minority language. In other places where Danes, Norwegians, and Icelanders settled, they generally did not maintain their languages.

Finns made up a significant number of the original colonists of New Sweden, modern Christiana. They were the ones who introduced the iconic log cabin, which then spread up and down the continent. But the Finnish language did not survive for very long in the colony, and their descendants switched to one of the three main languages of Christiana: Swedish, English, or Lenape. Later arrivals from Finland likewise tended to settle among Swedes and adopt their language after a generation or two.

Last edited:
My idea for Boreoamerica's upper house; 3 seats per state. States either appoint or directly elect their 3 legislators. Note that Lower Virginia is the only one that appoints partisan legislators here, out of the 17 states that appoint their legislators. Work in progress BTW :)
f2LKBNh.png

My idea for Boreoamerica's upper house; 3 seats per state. States either appoint or directly elect their 3 legislators. Note that Lower Virginia is the only one that appoints partisan legislators here, out of the 17 states that appoint their legislators. Work in progress BTW :)
*snip*
Great work so far, I just stumbled upon this map so I hope my bump is forgivable, I'll try my best to keep it useful and constructive.
1. What is the platform of the BPP? I would think that the mountain states (Upper Virginia & Watauga) would have a plurality, if not a majority, of L&G voters ITTL.
2. What's happening with the Francophones? "Parti Quebecois" implies a Quebec City separatist party within Canada itself, and the existence of Parti Louisiane and Parti Acadie imply that these two nations have one catch-all party for their French-speaking populations, despite both of them being majority Francophone.

I've read your AU for a while now and the ethnography is fascinating.
Some questions:

What TV stations, film studios, and TV shows are there in the ASB? What may their logos be like?
How's video gaming ITTL?

Last edited: