Aephlera: A Fantasy World for AH.com Map Games

Decided to start a thread for this one. Aephlera will be a constructed world of my own, similar to Imperator Frank's Tellurus. I plan to have it be usable as a resource for map games on this site. Aephlera still isn't finished, but I have completed the entire eastern hemisphere outside of the polar regions, well, concerning the continental outlines, at least. I am starting on the western hemisphere next.

The map so far....
Aephlera_42p.png

Last edited:
I've drawn in some more of the western continent, although there is still more to come. I have to do this world in pieces as it is taking a lot of imagination to keep coming up with new details while keeping the world somewhat thematic and not absurdly overdone, whilst not being boring either. I want this to be a memorable, eclectic looking world so I'm really going ham on the detailing.

Aephlera_55p.png

Aephlera_68p.png

The western continent further enlargens, leaving us with only the polar regions and the centre-left portion of the map to complete. There will probably be some touching up of the eastern continents also, before we move on to topography...

Barring a few touch-ups, some more minor island archipelagos and of course, the polar regions, the basic coastline map of Aephlera is pretty much complete now. Does anyone have any comments on the map so far? I've received some likes so obviously there are people following this but I haven't had many opinions expressed about the design of the world so I don't really know where I'm going right or wrong.

Aephlera_80p.png