Adelfo y Laura: A Phillippine Alternatehistory

Adelfo y Laura
Since the late 1200s there is a tale passed in each generations and it has inspired a love story in Sambali called Adelfo y Laura by the Portuguese the story is about the marriage of a Princess from one of the former statelets of Sambali to a Bornean noble man, each kingdom in the Northern half of the Philippines has a version this tale which includes Adelfo y Laura.

But only the Sultanate of Sambali which is north of Pasig River has the correct version of this tale as it is about a Princess from their lands and have further improved the relationship between the Bornean Kingdoms and Sambali.

The Northwest of the land of Sambali[1] which had Nestorian Christians including Caboloan who would convert and join Catholicism as Uniates when the Portuguese had arrived which would form a protectorate in that area.

1. Luzon is not considered a single landmass but rather considered two Islands named Sambali and Kumintang connected by two isthmuses that are separated by a lake.

Last edited:
There haven't been a lot of Phillipine timelines. I think this could be a amazing.
This totally butterflies parts of the Spice Trade because this POD erases Majapahit so I am at a loss about writing how to make the Spanish/Portuguese still colonize the Philippines.

The Loser Prince
It is found out that Raden[1], one of the nobles of Singhasari wanted to marry the heiresses of Singhasari and usurp the throne of Singhasari.

He lost his chance to meet Kublai Khan and he would end up imprisoned in a tower until his death by his prospective in laws after he tried to kill one of his prospective in laws to marry his daughter.

1. Founder of Majapahit.

This totally butterflies parts of the Spice Trade because this POD erases Majapahit so I am at a loss about writing how to make the Spanish/Portuguese still colonize the Philippines.

Do they need to? Does it have to be colonization? I think you've opened some doors here, maybe explore that.