Abrahamic tradition imposed periods of silence

I just listened to a podcast which touted the values of temporary vows of silence. What if periods of silence were coded into the Abrahamic faiths (though these can be violated in case of emergency)?

Imagine a vow of silence for a day being an alternative to the Sabbath or Yom Kippur due to its tendency to trigger introspection.

I just listened to a podcast which touted the values of temporary vows of silence. What if periods of silence were coded into the Abrahamic faiths (though these can be violated in case of emergency)?

Imagine a vow of silence for a day being an alternative to the Sabbath or Yom Kippur due to its tendency to trigger introspection.
it probably lead to the creation and usage of sign language marginally early as a way too communicate without breaking religious law.

it probably lead to the creation and usage of sign language marginally early as a way too communicate without breaking religious law.
the sign language we use today orignates in the 1620s but we could possibly in this timeline see it in the early 300s or 400s when Constantine Christianizes the roman empire and as such Christianity spreads to the point where it needs a way to communicate in non-emergancys without breaking religious traditions

the sign language we use today orignates in the 1620s but we could possibly in this timeline see it in the early 300s or 400s when Constantine Christianizes the roman empire and as such Christianity spreads to the point where it needs a way to communicate in non-emergancys without breaking religious traditions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastic_sign_languages - So something like this? I think it would inevitably be similar, albeit fractured on a regional basis rather than by monastic order. But it likely would serve as the basis for later sign languages, and probably would in any case be used by the non-hearing community due to the general use of the sign language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastic_sign_languages - So something like this? I think it would inevitably be similar, albeit fractured on a regional basis rather than by monastic order. But it likely would serve as the basis for later sign languages, and probably would in any case be used by the non-hearing community due to the general use of the sign language.
Quite probably.

The Nicaraguan Sign Language was developed spontaneously, with many different "dialects", slowly standardising over time. The younger children developed the language further than the older children did.