ABLE ARCHER 83: Timeline of a Third World War in 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, last bump, I promise!

Once again: anyone know how to contact giobasta?

I will give up after this and respect the mandate of the mods. I know writing a different version of someone else's TL is a little weird. I tried to think of a comparison: it's a bit like a movie adaptation or a song cover. Maybe the thing it's most like is a folk tale, which is retold a different way pretty much every time it gets into someone else's hands.

So I don't really feel like what I've done is "bad" in any creative or (god forbid) moral sense. But I recognize that covers and adaptations require copyright permission for publishing, and folk tales are obviously in the public domain.

Maybe if I still feel like doing this in five or ten years, I'll come back and make my case that we've reached the point where derivative works of TTL no longer need permission.:p:D

I just finished reading the whole thread, wonderful timeline, it was a pleasure to read
, thank you for sharing it with us

Just finished reading this thread and it has been one of the best I've ever read. If you are still around Giobastia, is there any chance for updates? How the world might look in the 2000s?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Just finished reading this thread and it has been one of the best I've ever read. If you are still around Giobastia, is there any chance for updates? How the world might look in the 2000s?
Please DO NOT Necro old threads. There is a warning at the bottom of every "dead" thread informing you that it is XX month/years old. Strongly recommend that you heed it. Comments should be directed via PM to the author.

All Necro's threads are locked as a matter of course, and long dead grave robbing is subject to Board Admin actions.

Since you have only been here for literally 12 hours we'll chalk this up as part of the "Welcome Wagon"

BTW: This thread's author has not logged in since June 1, 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.