"A Very British Transition" - A Post-Junta Britain TL

The coup can also interpreted as godsend to Johnson. For him it's a perfect excuse to solidify civilian control over the military and the MoD.
The Queen has the last chance to salvage her reign for good by condemning the coup plotters as traitors to her kingdom.
The good news seems to be that most of the air force, navy and top army generals at least seems to be on the government's side.
Lastly, what was Jeremy's remarks within the Parliament during the entire 'show'?

dcharles

Banned
Galloway was also a teenager when the Junta fell, he would end up joining the SNLA as a fighter and would eventually rise to officer status. Galloway served as an unofficial "ambassador" for the SNLA, travelling the Middle East acquiring arms and funding for the movement from states such as Libya. With the fall of the Junta he became a leading figure in RISE and would also be elected as the party's sole MEP in 2007.

And here I was hoping the old scoundrel would have spent some time in the clink and not in Brussels.

The coup can also interpreted as godsend to Johnson. For him it's a perfect excuse to solidify civilian control over the military and the MoD.
The Queen has the last chance to salvage her reign for good by condemning the coup plotters as traitors to her kingdom.
The good news seems to be that most of the air force, navy and top army generals at least seems to be on the government's side.
Lastly, what was Jeremy's remarks within the Parliament during the entire 'show'?
I'm afraid I'm unsure who you're referring to by Jeremy, do you mean Jeremy Paxman?

I'm afraid I'm unsure who you're referring to by Jeremy, do you mean Jeremy Paxman?
Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant Jeremy Clarkson and the whole memes and jokes such as quotes like "speed", "power" and "still could be worse". Again, it was a non-seroious humorous question.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant Jeremy Clarkson and the whole memes and jokes such as quotes like "speed", "power" and "still could be worse". Again, it was a non-seroious humorous question.
Ah I see, Clarkson initially joined Skinner and others in heckling the soliders but swiftly calmed down after Skinner was beaten and gagged.

It could also be interpreted as a godsend for National. The image of their leader having his nose broken in parliament after refusing to cooperate with junta restorationists could go a long way towards dispelling the image of them as 'the party of the junta'.

It could also be interpreted as a godsend for National. The image of their leader having his nose broken in parliament after refusing to cooperate with junta restorationists could go a long way towards dispelling the image of them as 'the party of the junta'.
That depends - how many National members supported the coup attempt, and how many didn't?

In either case, National is going to have to distance itself from them ASAP, and at least be seen to be clearing out the dead wood.

That depends - how many National members supported the coup attempt, and how many didn't?

In either case, National is going to have to distance itself from them ASAP, and at least be seen to be clearing out the dead wood.
Yes, absolutely it depends on how they handle it.

But the same is true for Johnson. If he caves to their demands early on or is seen to not but putting up much resistance and it's left up to the SA, unions, student protestors or even other military units to put down the coup, that's not doing him any favours.

Yes, absolutely it depends on how they handle it.

But the same is true for Johnson. If he caves to their demands early on or is seen to not but putting up much resistance and it's left up to the SA, unions, student protestors or even other military units to put down the coup, that's not doing him any favours.
Mind, National's already gonna be in a LOT of hot water for enabling the military for so long.

And while they did put up some resistance, people might argue it was because he wanted to fake being uninvolved. A broken nose is a small price to pay if the coup succeeds.

Fuuuuck.

God, reading these familiar names is a weird thing. The brutes attacked Dennis Skinner! By god they're a bunch of wrong uns and no mistake! And the idea that the Queen might have backed the Coup or had sympathies is....well, put simply, if she lives long enough to get to 2019 I can imagine a massive backlash against the Royals.

Well, it appears the shit has officially hit the fan. Hope Cable's still alive at least.
If this is going the way I think it's going, then probably Cable might survive but will be very much shaken by everything. But yeah, I agree with other posters here that it will definitely increase calls for a republic -

- which is going to have massive repercussions in the other Commonwealth realms. In particular, due to its unique Constitutional issues, this might force the debate in Canada, although IMO that would definitely necessitate a separate TL thread that is still in-universe.