A Turtledove World War; Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday AAR

The mod comes in two versions, one compatible with JSGME. It's a nifty little tool that helps you install mods on lots of different games. It can be found here and is user friendly

http://www.beerymod.com/sh3_003.htm

no, thats not the problem, though i appreciate it.
my computer ended up getting a virus a while back. and now the sceanarios aren't working at all. none of them. i have no mods. and i cant uninstall the game to fix it

no, thats not the problem, though i appreciate it.
my computer ended up getting a virus a while back. and now the sceanarios aren't working at all. none of them. i have no mods. and i cant uninstall the game to fix it

I don't understand why you can't uninstall it? Maybe you should have a professional look at your PC.

Are there any games on the Internet that are free, and are in the civ/HoI/etc. style? How much does this cost, or can you get it free?

I d/l'ed HoI2, complete with all the additions and add-on packs for $25 bucks this weekend. If you're interested just goto paradox's homepage and follow ye ole links.

so i tried to uninstall it.

"Core Components: Bad Error"
"Catastrophic Failure"

so now im trying to "repair" it... we'll see what happens

I've taken Guatemala and reduced the size of the Central American front, freeing up about two dozen divisions for Europe; they should arrive in about a month. Moscow's been cut off from Leningrad, and the Germans have pushed into Poland in a big way. Meanwhile, I've liberated most of France.

germanymay1944hq4.png

francemay1944hz5.png

so i tried to uninstall it.

"Core Components: Bad Error"
"Catastrophic Failure"

so now im trying to "repair" it... we'll see what happens

Dude, reformat your hard drive.

Tim,

I noticed that up until something like the 160th US Infantry Division that HoI still generated names for the Divisions(historically it should only go up to something like the 110th ID). Is there a list of the names the game uses for them somewhere?

I'm really interested in seeing the post-war map now ;)

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Huh. You know, I'm surprised by Russia's total collapse in the face of the Race's onslaught... is there something the modmakers missed? I mean, in the books were they just as hard to beat as Germany and America, whereas here it seems only America, Germany, Britain, and Japan have any real capacity to fight the Race. I wonder how things would play out if the player was the USSR? Would America be overrun instead?

I'm even surprised that the USA/UK could mount an effective invasion of France and Race-held Western European territories.:eek:

Has the US deployed its nukes yet, Tim?

Huh. You know, I'm surprised by Russia's total collapse in the face of the Race's onslaught... is there something the modmakers missed? I mean, in the books were they just as hard to beat as Germany and America, whereas here it seems only America, Germany, Britain, and Japan have any real capacity to fight the Race. I wonder how things would play out if the player was the USSR? Would America be overrun instead?
I'm pretty certain the Race pulled off a big encirclement of perhaps over one hundred Soviet divisions early in the invasion. They couldn't possibly recover from that.

Dude, reformat your hard drive.

Tim,

I noticed that up until something like the 160th US Infantry Division that HoI still generated names for the Divisions(historically it should only go up to something like the 110th ID). Is there a list of the names the game uses for them somewhere?

I'm really interested in seeing the post-war map now ;)

i repaired it... it should work now, haven't tested it yet. i will later today.

Tim, this is awesome!

I'm pretty certain the Race pulled off a big encirclement of perhaps over one hundred Soviet divisions early in the invasion. They couldn't possibly recover from that.

In addition, a review of the maps shows the Race cutting off Soviet forces in the Caucuses early on.

Edit: And is there an event that gives the Soviet Union a nuclear weapon? That'd be fairly handy.

I continued on the offensive in France attempting to cut off Lizard troops and hammer them against the anvil of the Reich.

Lizard units attempt to escape to Italy.
manylizardunitsescapefrjw2.png

I manage to cut off about 20 units.
crushingthelizardsinnorah2.png

The French Pocket is finally crushed!
frenchpocketcrushedjv9.png

With the French pocket crushed I was able to reorient forces and crush the Lizards in Spain have begun to focus on Italy, where the Swiss have been meddling. Unfortunately the Germans haven't seemed to make any headway despite the removal of the western front. My TC is high and I'm annoyed because I can't seem to liberate Spain or give France all those French provinces.
europeoctober1944xw9.png

Meanwhile, Japan comes roaring back.
asiaoctober1944xf8.png

My nuclear research goes on. Also, Patton has reach Panama and is preparing to assualt the canal.
techoctober1944pf6.png

ok, i have an update. i was able to install it. but there is a problem. i can't play the 1936 scenario. and when i scroll through the scenarios column, there are some save games in there... can someone email me a copy of their 1936 scenario...? please, it'll be much appreciated.

A question about these games... What time periods are they in? I'd love to make some uber-Swiss or Uber-Nepal games... :D
Or go against the Lizards...:D
And are there any free versions or games?