A Turtledove World War; Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday AAR

Well just played a bit of mine too :D

Started my attack August 21st 1943

flanks.jpg

send a force to land on the mexican gulf coast only to find my british allies pitching in lol :D

serendipity.jpg

serendipity2.jpg

although annoyingly I landed unopposed, I handed the province to the british due to them being there already :(

A month into the fight I've made some progress

month.jpg

By October 21st I have them surrounded.

oct.jpg

Have wiped lizard forces off North American soil by 2am Nov 17 1943 :D

done.jpg

Now Have around 200 odd divisions doing nothing. Not sure where to head next. Europe? The nazis are in trouble a bit, or south america. I do have 20 Transports building, scheduled to complete in Dec 43.

Overall nice game, but I think the lizard AI needs more garrison troops and probably more manpower.

hope you dont mind me posting the pics.

Well just played a bit of mine too :D

Now Have around 200 odd divisions doing nothing. Not sure where to head next. Europe? The nazis are in trouble a bit, or south america. I do have 20 Transports building, scheduled to complete in Dec 43.

Overall nice game, but I think the lizard AI needs more garrison troops and probably more manpower.

hope you dont mind me posting the pics.

How did they do in the rest of the world? I think they need more manpower as well.

South america is a lizard zone, same as africa, they are pressing germany and the ussr hard.

India and eurasia is a mess.

eurasia.jpg

europe-1.jpg

may try for a french or spanish zone landing.

Looks like the Race's Central Asian and Ukrainian pockets are about to link up.
sovietunioninperilnov19rk8.png

However they must have taken most of their garrison out of India, because the Japanese are running rampant their! :eek:
japanindiaencirclementpb1.png

japaneseconquerindiawowts0.png

South America
southamericanovember194yd6.png

South America is a threat since they (Human Nations) are sitting on their hands. If Asia gets any worse then it may be impossible to destroy the race on Earth.

Chile and Peru have since fallen to the Lizards might. However I have managed to complete the liberation of Tennessee. Despite my best efforts though I have been unable to crush the Kansas pocket. It's tying down 15 divisions. <_<

American front December 1942
tennesseeliberatedjz9.png

All that's left in Sub-Saharan Africa is the mopping up. Once these French divisions are crushed, the Lizards will be able to send enough forces north to likely turn the tide against the British.
africadoneforls6.png

Smilarly the Turks have been overrun, and once they're mopped up, The Race will likely be able to take Stalingrad and link their forces together.
turksoverrunrb5.png

The war continues to seesaw in Asia. The Japanese manage to cut off another pocket in India, but the Race cut off and eliminate a large pocket in China.
chinacarvedupym6.png

chinapocketcrushedpj0.png

I'm busy upgunning my tanks with 88mm guns and supplying P-51 mustangs to those squadrons that still remain (about 5fighter, 5tacbombers). Research goes well on the nuclear and turbojet front.
techdecember1942on4.png

They Brits have been doing amphibious invasions all over the map. I was especially impressed with the invasion of Palestine showcased in the last update. However once the British invasion event is written, I imagine that won't happen as much. Fast forward three months and as one can see the Soviet's have made a bit of a comeback, but that entire British Army Group in Palestine was annihilated. They've been losing lots of divisions lately.

easternfrontapril1943yz5.png

Thande

Donor
North Africa's holding out rather better than in the books.

As someone said above, there should probably be some combat modifier to give the Race an advantage in hot dry climates and a large disadvantage in cold ones.

North Africa's holding out rather better than in the books.

As someone said above, there should probably be some combat modifier to give the Race an advantage in hot dry climates and a large disadvantage in cold ones.

There are. More than twice as large as human ones. I looked once and the human penalty was 50% and the Race penalty was 110%.

Last edited:
The Rhine still stands German on both banks, yet the Lizards have reached the Oder and Berlin is in peril! :eek:

First the Turks fell.
theturksfallhl8.png

Then Stalingrad.
stalingradfallsnm7.png

The Soviets retake Stalingrad, but the Lizards reach the Oder
lizardsatthegatesofberlmt8.png

America continues her onslaught, cutting off several lizard divisions in Florida.
floridacutoffmb7.png

Then they were destroyed, and Florida liberated!
americamay19th1943pk4.png

Meanwhile, the Japanese continue doing quite well.
asiamay1943om8.png

I Noticed a Bit of an Error in The Race's List of Commanders ...

The 37th Emperor Risson has yet to be Hatched as he is to be The Emperor in 2031, his Predecessor is Likely to be The 127th Emperor Hetto as that is The Name of The Banner-Ship ...

Otherwise Simply AMAZING Mod, I Might Hafta get this Game!

:D