It's a really nice way to get across both the passage of time, the additions in the families and the sense that all of these people lived in the same time and had different relations with each other.

It's a really nice way to get across both the passage of time, the additions in the families and the sense that all of these people lived in the same time and had different relations with each other.
Yeah, it was probably the best way to bridge the gap. It all so helps show the relation between characters.

Part VI - A Royal Visit
“On February 9th, Prince Arthur and Prince John bid farewell to their family and departed Ludlow, beginning their journey to Edinburgh. Accompanying them were about 11 members of their household and 500 soldiers who saw to it that the princes were kept safe. Contrary to how it is depicted in period pieces, this journey was more than a family visit, it was also a diplomatic mission. Both Arthur and Henry VII had hoped that they could arrange a betrothal between Arthur, Duke of Rothesay, and Princess Margaret, as to further weaken the Auld-Alliance. It would also be Prince John’s first diplomatic mission, making it an important milestone in his education.

They would travel quickly as on February 11th their arrived at Richmond Castle in the North of England, where they dined with Prince Henry and his family. They stayed the night there before continuing their journey, reaching Alnwick Castle on February 12th. Then on February 14th they crossed the border into Scotland and would reach Edinburgh the same day. They would meet Margaret at Edinburgh Castle the next day, much to her surprise, for James and Arthur had kept the visit secret [1]. Margaret would spend hours talking to her brother and her nephew who she doted on, and introduced them to her son Arthur, who resembled his namesake Uncle. Arthur would also get along well with his brother-in-law James and spent hours hunting with him and discussing diplomacy. On February 19th, Arthur was baptised, his Godparents being Prince Arthur of Wales, the Earl of Arran, and Princess Mary of England [2]. A great feast would be held afterwards, where many Scottish courtiers were impressed by how well educated and mannered Prince John was.

Arthur and John would spend another week in Scotland, with Arthur spending time with his sister and conducting diplomacy with James IV. John would also spend time with his family but would also continue his education and managed to pick up a few words in Scots during this time. About 2 days before Arthur departed, James IV agreed to a betrothal between Prince Arthur of Scotland and Princess Margaret of England. Arthur would spend the remainder of his time in Scotland hunting with his brother-in-law and spending time with his sister. Finally on February 26th, Prince Arthur and Prince John departed alongside their entourage and began the journey home. They would reach Ludlow on March 1st, where they reunited with their family. Arthur also began planning a visit to London to visit his father, mother, and ailing grandmother. He would visit her in the middle of the month. It would be the last time grandson and grandmother saw each other.”

- Julia Robin, “The History of the House of Tudor” (1979)

“By May 1511 it was clear to all that Lady Margaret Beaufort was on her deathbed. Many noted that she was barely able to move her hands and that she each breath grew heavier than the last. Henry VII and Elizabeth of York spent hours by her side, for many believed she could die at any moment. The inevitable would finally come on June 3rd at 7 o’clock. Henry VII and Elizabeth of York would be at Margaret’s side when she died, her last words purportedly being for Henry to ensure that Arthur would ascend the throne peacefully. The Tudor family and court was quickly thrown into mourning, none more so than Henry VII who was devastated by the loss of his mother, who he owed his throne to. Margaret Beaufort would be laid to reset in Westminster Abbey on June 5th. Henry would spend the next few months mourning his mother. Margaret’s death drained his health, as following her death many contemporaries noted that Henry looked haggard [3].

Despite this Henry played an active role in politics and began making two final arrangements for his son. Firstly, he saw to it that loose ends were tied up, meaning the execution of any active pretender to the crown. So it was that in August of the same year, the Yorkist pretenders William and Edmund de la Pole (the latter having been extradited two years prior) were tried and found guilty of plotting against Henry VII [4]. The two would be beheaded at Tower Hill by the month’s end, becoming the last noblemen to be executed during Henry VII’s reign. Their deaths left their brother Richard as ‘The Last White Rose’ as many scholars have referred to him. Secondly, Henry VII began gathering a war chest for Arthur, as he correctly believed that upon his ascension, he would join the War of the League of Cambrai and make war upon France. Many in his court had suggested that he join the war, but Henry turned it down, for he did not believe it was wise to join a war, lest it jeopardise Arthur’s ascension. Henry would gather the money for the war chest through taxes, fines and money earned from trade. The plan was successful and by the time of his death he had amassed a sizeable war chest. However, the methods through which he raised the money made him somewhat unpopular and helped lead to the major criticisms that he was greedy and a miser. Regardless, both arrangements would later prove prudent and would help Arthur get his reign off to a good start.

In December 1511, Henry VII submitted the final version of his will to Parliament. In it he specified what lands were to be a part of his wife’s dower. These lands included the Palaces of Woking and Collyweston. He also left her an annual pension of 4,000 pounds and several pieces of jewellery that had been his mother’s. For his youngest daughter Mary, he left her a pension of 1,250 pounds until she married Christian of Denmark. He also left several pieces of jewellery to his daughters Margaret and Mary, as well as daughters-in-law Margaret and Katherine, some of which was new and others from Margaret Beaufort. He also left several of his own possession to his sons Arthur, Henry, and Edmund. Parliament quickly approved his will. Henry VII also wrote a book called “Lessons for a King”, which gave advice to Arthur on how to rule England and how to be a King. With that Henry turned to celebrating Christmas with his family.”

- Sir Jacques Mitchell, “The First Tudor King: The Life and Reign of Henry VII” (2015)

“In early 1512 Arthur and Katherine were in mourning after losing a child. It is not fully understood what happened due to conflicting contemporary sources, though the accepted theory is that Katherine suffered a miscarriage. The two would spend more time with their surviving children to help them deal with the grief. The two would bounce back soon after as in early April Katherine fell pregnant once more. The two would send word to Henry VII but they wouldn’t receive a reply. A few days later April 19th, a messenger from London arrived. The messenger told them the news. The King was dead… Long Live the King.”

- Matthew Hunter, “A True King Arthur” (2007)

[1] As to how this is kept a secret... good question.
[2] Margaret hesitates to baptism due to fear of his health.
[3] This is what happened to Margaret when Henry VII died in OTL, so here it happens to him.
[4] I realised as I was editing this chapter that I forgot to mention Edmund's extradition, so that's why this seems awkward.

Not that I disagree or dislike this choice, but I'm curious about the reasoning of Arthur joining the League of Cambrai?

On Arthur now being King. In OTL Lady Margaret Beaufort was a sponsor to Bishop Fischer and considering Fisher's abilities and how his inclinations seem to align with Arthur and Cathrine I would argue he is a very strong candidate for Chancellor ITTL.

Deleted member 147978

Not that I disagree or dislike this choice, but I'm curious about the reasoning of Arthur joining the League of Cambrai?

On Arthur now being King. In OTL Lady Margaret Beaufort was a sponsor to Bishop Fischer and considering Fisher's abilities and how his inclinations seem to align with Arthur and Cathrine I would argue he is a very strong candidate for Chancellor ITTL.
I think to get Normandy or any of the former Angevin Lands back, but that's on @RedKing to answer your Cambrai question.

The main reasoning for joining the war is that Arthur wants to honour his alliance with Spain and the Holy Roman Empire. It is also because he wants to increase his support in England and what better way to do that than to invade England’s rival?
Ooh, I hadn’t thought about Fisher when I was planning out Arthur’s council, that is a great suggestion! I’ll have to incorporate it into my plans!
I think to get Normandy or any of the former Angevin Lands back, but that's on @RedKing to answer your Cambrai question.
That’s also a factor in his decision.