A Thread for Alternate US State Flags

Minnesota's Cross and the North Star:
cross_and_north_star_of_minnesota_by_ramones1986-d9z3gem.png

More details on my DeviantArt.

here is my version of a new Michigan flag:
upload_2016-11-26_22-30-53.png

the symbolism should be quite simple and self explanatory, thoughts?

so yeah, i was crusin around on reddit looking for some good content when i came to a redesign of the Hawaiian flag posted by Eren_Jeager and i wanted to post it on here to spread the love and support for the flag:
upload_2016-11-28_8-36-35.png

here is the link to the imgur where variants of the flag are: http://imgur.com/a/9HZso
and here is the original reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/vexillolog...ian_flag_redesign_oc/?st=iw245w7i&sh=c7aea1c5

personally i love the flag and (of course) its better than the current design but i have to ask, what are your thoughts?

I'm personally not crazy about that Hawaii flag. It's just too close to Alaska's flag for my taste, and I happen to like the current Hawaiian flag. If only for the history behind it. The fact that it's one of the flags that isn't a lazy Coat of Arms on a blank background helps too.

I'm personally not crazy about that Hawaii flag. It's just too close to Alaska's flag for my taste, and I happen to like the current Hawaiian flag. If only for the history behind it. The fact that it's one of the flags that isn't a lazy Coat of Arms on a blank background helps too.
yea i agree it is to close to the Alaska flag but as this old guy once said *clears throat* "too each there own"

Definitely. Hawaii's flag is considered among the best among US states, and it's the flag of the Kingdom of Hawaii as well. Getting rid of that is pretty much throwing away Hawaii's history. And I love the irony of a Union Jack on a US state flag.