A Thorn In The Rose: A War Of The Roses TL

So is Richard the II gonna wait for his enemies to thin out some more main characters before his triumphant reveal?

Death to somerset. i kind of want the yorkists to win at this point but specifically i want edmund and margaret beaufort as queen and king...i realize that this entails killing off edward iv but perhaps he can live long enough to have a daughter who marries edmund and maggie's richard. at any rate, i wonder what's happening with warwick. i hope he hasn't been killed, if only to keep @pandizzy's dorwick ship alive lol

Death to somerset. i kind of want the yorkists to win at this point but specifically i want edmund and margaret beaufort as queen and king...i realize that this entails killing off edward iv but perhaps he can live long enough to have a daughter who marries edmund and maggie's richard. at any rate, i wonder what's happening with warwick. i hope he hasn't been killed, if only to keep @pandizzy's dorwick ship alive lol
Dorset is gonna help him escape, I can feel it. My ship will never die!

Warwick's not around and I can't see Edward allowing Salisbruy the same level of influence.
Edward here will most likely marry in Brittany or Navarre as Scotland has no princess of the right age, that unless he can get the (first) bride who his father had wanted for him

VVD0D95

Banned
Edward here will most likely marry in Brittany or Navarre as Scotland has no princess of the right age, that unless he can get the (first) bride who his father had wanted for him
Assuming of course that Brittany still wants that alliance

Chapter 141: Decision Time

VVD0D95

Banned
Chapter 141: Decision Time

July, 1461

Henry turned to his right as the door opened. He got up and nodded to the man who entered. “Lord Bishop.”

The Bishop of Bangor bowed. “Your Majesty.”

“Please have a seat.” Henry said gesturing to the chair that was opposite him. The Bishop did as he was bid and sat down, Henry sat down as well and then said. “Thank you for coming, Lord Bishop.”

“Of course, Your Majesty, how might I be of assistance to you?” The Bishop asked.

Henry wanted to snort, how could he be of assistance indeed. Henry took a breath and then said. “As I am sure you know, the Duke of York is dead.” The news had come earlier in the month, a spy in the Yorkist camp had informed them of York’s demise and Henry didn’t know how to feel about that.

“I am, Sire.” The Bishop said.

“I feel responsible for it.” Henry said.

“Sire?” The Bishop replied eyebrows raised.

Henry sighed. “For his death, for him feeling the need to rebel and commit such vile treason.” If he had listened to his gut to begin with, none of this would have happened. York would still be alive and he wouldn’t be a King of ashes.

“York was led by the Devil, Sire.” The Bishop said. “He dreamt of something beyond his station.”

“But was I not responsible for that?” Henry asked looking at the Bishop. “It was my failure to act that allowed the Devil to take over him.”

The Bishop shook his head. “God gave us free will, Sire. The Duke of York decided to follow the Devil, you did not push him into it.”

Henry sighed. Perhaps the Bishop was right, but there was a part of him that knew the man was only saying this to make him feel better, and he didn’t want to feel better. “I still should have done more to stop the Kingdom going into war.”

The Bishop surprised him then by answering in the affirmative. “Yes, Sire, you should have.”

Henry raised an eyebrow at the man and he smiled. “I do not believe you could have stopped York from rebelling, but I do believe you could have done more to ensure that the Kingdom did not catch fire.”

“By dealing with Somerset?” Henry asked. That was the one that always plagued him. Somerset.

“Yes.” The Bishop said. “But also by taking a much more authoritative stance on the Nevilles and the Percies. You dithered far too much on that issue, Sire.”

Henry sighed. That was true. He had allowed a private feud to escalate. And now, when he had a chance to end a part of that feud he still hesitated.

“What do you suggest?” He asked.

“Stop dithering, Sire, and ensure that the sentence that the Earl of Warwick was handed is carried out.” Bangor said. “Yes, his father and brother will become Your Majesty’s implacable enemies, but in their desire for revenge they will make mistakes. And those mistakes can be used against them.”

“You are sure?” Henry asked. He had considered offering Warwick a way out, but if the Bishop thought that that wasn’t the smart thing to do, then who was he to question him? The Bishop was a man of God after all.

“Yes, I am sure, Sire.” The Bishop said.

Henry nodded. If Warwick was executed and Salisbury and his remaining son then died during the fighting, that would mean their lands could technically go back to the Westmorlands, given that they would be under an attainder. As such, there would be an effective counter balance to the Percies anyway. It was a win-win, situation. “Very well, it shall be done.” Henry said.

The Bishop smiled, and Henry nodded to him to signal that he could leave. He stood as the Bishop stood and shook his head then watched him leave.

Then when the man was gone, he sat back down and picked up a little bell, he rang it and waited.

A few moments later, a servant appeared.

“Tell the guards to prepare the block. Warwick is to go to meet his maker.” Henry said.

“Sire.” The servant said, bowing once before hurrying off.

Henry remained where he was, hoping he was making the right choice.

Lmao, just lmao. "Hey man, I feel guilty for this dude dying."
"Yeah bro it's all good, just kill this other guy and it'll all be better." 😧 XD Lancastrians are wild

Every single time than Harry goes sensible and sensitive, he f****s all even more. So, this, along with "I've killed him, I feel horrible, let's kill him too" it's going to end like the Saxon Long Knives's party.

Now Edward is no Richard III. I predict he'll capitalize on Warwick's murder by actually releasing Somerset. It signals to all that Edward is merciful and, above all, won't execute a man after a biased mock trial. Also he'll benefit because either a) Somerset will continue to give Henry retarded advice, or b) Henry will maintain his newfound balls and imprison/execute Somerset himself, making himself seem even crazier and causing more division on his side. It was the kind of thing that Edward would think of in OTL.