A Thorn In The Rose: A War Of The Roses TL

VVD0D95

Banned
I'm somewhat positively sure Edward IV is in London from what I have seen from the TL. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)
Unless he kicks the bucket in some way, shape, or form Edmund would be crowned Yorkist King for sure like you had said but however he's heading off to Ludlow to do battle with the Lancastrians now.
Edwards also heading off the Ludlow

Chapter 150: Buckingham's Square

VVD0D95

Banned
Chapter 150: Buckingham’s Square

June, 1462

Humphrey Stafford, Duke of Buckingham wanted to return home. He was tired and he missed his family. He’d been away from them for years now. His son would be seven, his daughter, five. Would they even recognise him if he came back? He didn’t know and that thought pained him. What had he given up so much for?

For a King who didn’t even bother to command his own army? Was that what he’d fought for? If it was, Humphrey was disgusted with himself. The King hadn’t even bothered to come and say goodbye to them as they’d marched out of Caernarvon Castle, months ago. He’d appointed the Duke of Somerset as commander for the Siege of Ludlow and that had been that.

Why he was fighting for such a man, Humphrey didn’t know. But he was tired. Somerset hadn’t even bothered to give him a proper command, placing him in charge of the food supplies as if he were a quartermaster.

Somerset cleared his throat, forcing Humphrey to look at him. How he hated that man!

“What is the status of our supplies?” Somerset asked.

“We’ve got enough food for the next six months. Our supply lines are strong, thanks to Lord Tudor, and as such we should not be in immediate danger.” Humphrey said. At least the Welshman had proven useful for something.

“And the quality of the food?” Somerset asked.

Humphrey saw Tudor scowl out the corner of his eye, but ignored that. It was not his problem if Somerset lacked tact. “Good. The men aren’t complaining.”

Somerset nodded. “Any update on whether or not the Constable of Ludlow has agreed to our terms?”

That question was asked to Aubrey de Vere, a man who was being called the Earl of Oxford, largely because his father was considered legally dead, even though the older man was fighting for York. “There has been.” De Vere said. “Their answer is still the same.”

“That damned Crofts is too stubborn.” Somerset growled.

“He’s loyal.” Humphrey said. “He’s known York since the man was a child, indeed, the man’s son has grown up with York. I don’t think he’d surrender even if his house was on fire.”

“Then what do you suggest we do?” Somerset demanded.

Humphrey sighed. “The way I see it, we have two options. Either we can starve them out, or we can try and storm the castle.” He took a breath. “Both have their benefits and their downsides. We have enough food to last a siege, but we may face attacks from the front if we do that. Storming the castle is dangerous and will cost us men, but it will allow us to take the thing before York gets here.”

“Take it with what?” Somerset asked. “We don’t have any cannons and it will take time to get the trebuchets ready.”

You should have thought of that before. Humphrey thought to himself, but aloud he simply said. “We find a way in.”

“How?” De Vere demanded.

“We have money, we can find ways to incentivise people.” Humphrey said. Truly, was he the only one with any imagination here.

“You just said that they were loyal to York. Are they really going to turn on him for money?” Devon asked.

“I said Crofts was loyal to York, not that everyone was.” Humphrey said. “I am sure we shall find someone who can be exploited for our gain.”

“And how long do you think that would take?” Devon demanded. He sounded incredibly irate, for some reason.

Humphrey was about to respond when the tent flap opened. A soldier dressed in the King’s colours entered. He bowed and then said. “We’ve just received word from our scouts, Your Grace.”

“And?” Somerset asked.

“York’s army has been sighted. It’s half a day’s ride from here.” The soldier said.

“Very well, thank you.” Somerset said dismissing the soldier. The man then looked at them all and said. “We’ve got our work cut out for us.”

Who do you think?
Edward IV is winning I do not see how Henry can win unless Edward and Edmund are killed it would be nice to see Edmund I of England on the throne. I wonder how Richard iii will be remembered will he be as a usurper or as a man with no choice but to take the crown. There is a reason why there is only ever been three king Richard of England.

Deleted member 161180

Edward IV is winning I do not see how Henry can win unless Edward and Edmund are killed it would be nice to see Edmund I of England on the throne. I wonder how Richard iii will be remembered will he be as a usurper or as a man with no choice but to take the crown. There is a reason why there is only ever been three king Richard of England.
And Westminster?

VVD0D95

Banned
I would imagine there will be future rebellions against the Yorkist or my be a doughter of House of Lancaster could marry a son of the Yorkist dynastys. Alternative Henry vi could some how hold Wales but I think that is unlikely.
Given how mountainous wales is I wouldn’t rule it out