a successful Gran Colombia

while an avid fan of alternate history this will be my first attempt to actually delve into the study. i am currently working (in my head) on a timeline where simon bolivar successfully creates the state of gran colombia with the bolivarian republic as his model for government http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7609/eng/repbol.html

i, however, need a little help with a POD and the early history. i am pushing for gran colombia to eventually counter the united states as a world power.

Take a look in the archives. I know there was a Gran Colombia ATL posted in the past. Without any outside influence, (ie. foreign leader, foreign funds, etc.) I think it will be incredibly difficult for Colombia to rival the United States. You should look really carefully at the mineral wealth and capability of the country.

Grey Wolf

Donor
cow defender said:
while an avid fan of alternate history this will be my first attempt to actually delve into the study. i am currently working (in my head) on a timeline where simon bolivar successfully creates the state of gran colombia with the bolivarian republic as his model for government http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7609/eng/repbol.html

i, however, need a little help with a POD and the early history. i am pushing for gran colombia to eventually counter the united states as a world power.

Its definitely an interesting article. I rather get the feeling that Bolivar was struggling to find a philosophy that addressed the problems of his time, his letters and essays being attempts to try to formulate something as a whole whereas he must by needs balance the need for an over-arcing political creed on one hand, and that for pragmatism that addresses the problem of a hithertofore undemocratic populace on the other

Grey Wolf

Last edited:
Grey Wolf said:
Its definitely an interesting article. I rather get the feeling that Bolivar was struggling to find a philosophy that addressed the problems of his time, his letters and essays being attempts to try to formulate something as a whole whereas he must by needs balance the need for an over-arcing political creed on one hand, and that for pragmatism that addresses the problem of a hithertofore undemocratic populace on the other

Grey Wolf

that' exactly why i want him to win.