How should I cover wars in this timeline?

• A timeline of events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Like the other updates

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He definitely looks like Thomas Boleyn!
He and Natalie Dormer are my go-to actors for Thomas and Anne, unless Anne is raised a Princess, like she is in some AUs, including one of mine. Then I pick Michelle Dockery. But otherwise it's Natalie.

Carey Mulligan as she was in Bleak House is my Mary Boleyn and Kristin Scott Thomas my Elizabeth Howard. Skandar Keynes usually ends up playing George Boleyn. Sam Heughan is my choice for Henry and Sophie Skelton is my Mary Tudor, Queen of France.

I have other actors I use for other roles, but that's my core cast, really.

That makes them an even better choice!

Wait so there were two claimants? One claiming to be Warwick and the other being Edward V? Every where I look says it was one dude who claimed to be Warwick and then changed to Richard III when that story was revealed. This is quite confusing.
There was a claimant - Lambert Simnel, who claimed to be Warwick - and then a second - Perkin Warbeck, who claimed to be Richard of Shrewsbury.
Lambert Simnel was crowned in Dublin as King Edward and was said to be son of the Duke of York or of Edward IV. Official version of the story (the one arrived to us and the one diffused also in England at that time) is who Simnel claimed first to be Warwick (who was imprisoned in the Tower) and then Richard of Shrewsbury.
Still we have enough clues to understand who: a) the boy captured by Henry VII (and put to work in the kitchens) was NOT the real claimant (who was likely dead on the battlefield with Lincoln, being old enough for fighting); b) the boy had never changed his story but was simply claimed to be Edward IV’s namesake son, something so dangerous for Henry VII (as that boy would be Edward V) to try to cover-up the story in all the possible manners.

Later a second claimant, Perkin Warbeck claimed to be Richard of Shrewsbury (and was supported by Margaret, Dowager Duchess of Burgundy (who had most likely already supported Simnel making pretty clear who either the latter was claiming to be Edward V or Margaret of York and Lincoln were two idiots).

Last edited:
He and Natalie Dormer are my go-to actors for Thomas and Anne, unless Anne is raised a Princess, like she is in some AUs, including one of mine. Then I pick Michelle Dockery. But otherwise it's Natalie.

Carey Mulligan as she was in Bleak House is my Mary Boleyn and Kristin Scott Thomas my Elizabeth Howard. Skandar Keynes usually ends up playing George Boleyn. Sam Heughan is my choice for Henry and Sophie Skelton is my Mary Tudor, Queen of France.

I have other actors I use for other roles, but that's my core cast, really.
Those are some pretty good choices!

Lambert Simnel was crowned in Dublin as King Edward and was said to be son of the Duke of York or of Edward IV. Official version of the story (the one arrived to us and the one diffused also in England at that time) is who Simnel claimed first to be Warwick (who was imprisoned in the Tower) and then Richard of Shrewsbury.
Still we have enough clues to understand who: a) the boy captured by Henry VII (and put to work in the kitchens) was NOT the real claimant (who was likely dead on the battlefield with Lincoln, being old enough for fighting); b) the boy had never changed his story but was simply claimed to be Edward IV’s namesake son, something so dangerous for Henry VII (as that boy would be Edward V) to try to cover-up the story in all the possible manners.

Later a second claimant, Perkin Warbeck claimed to be Richard of Shrewsbury (and was supported by Margaret, Dowager Duchess of Burgundy (who had most likely already supported Simnel making pretty clear who either the latter was claiming to be Edward V or Margaret of York and Lincoln were two idiots).
I have never heard anything like this before. But I guess there may have been two claimants? Or maybe they got the wrong boy or something?

I have never heard anything like this before. But I guess there may have been two claimants? Or maybe they got the wrong boy or something?
Because it's totally incorrect - Lambert Simnel was sent to work in the kitchens after he was caught by Henry VII and later became a Falconer, dying in 1525 after having at least one son. As for Perkin Warbeck, he died in 1499, having his head chopped off. Simnel's story never changed as to whom he claimed to be. Other people claimed he was Warwick, but he, himself, only ever claimed Richard, Duke of York.

Because it's totally incorrect - Lambert Simnel was sent to work in the kitchens after he was caught by Henry VII and later became a Falconer, dying in 1525 after having at least one son. As for Perkin Warbeck, he died in 1499, having his head chopped off. Simnel's story never changed as to whom he claimed to be. Other people claimed he was Warwick, but he, himself, only ever claimed Richard, Duke of York.
Simnel was claiming to the be son of Edward IV and was crowned in Dublin as King Edward. He definitely was NOT claiming to be Richard of Shrewsbury. Add to this the fact who we can be pretty certain who Margaret of York supported two claimants around 15 years old (and who Warbeck was the second) and who Lincoln had a pretty strong Yorkist claim of his own and who Henry VII in that timeframe started to become highly suspicious not only of the Yorkists, but also of the Woodvilles and you can have a pretty clear idea of what of Yorkist princes called Edward, Simnel was claiming to be and how Henry VII worked hard for covering it

Oh I see. For some reason I had the idea he changed his story in my head.