A Republic of Bears and Gold - A California Tale.

Nice, though if I may ask, is Hawai'i independent? Also, I'm sorry to say it, but you took two clichés for SA already. :(

Hawaii was a British Protectorate however like much of the British Empire gained its inderpendece in the 1950-1970s. Hawaii is still part of the British Commonwealth and is part of the 5 Nations Rugby Tournament (Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Hawaii)

Well Bolvarian Republic of Colombia is a post "Communist" state and is currently on going massive internal issues so I hoped that and it's past history would less cliché it.

For the Brazillan Empire, I felt that the PoD was far enough for it to feesably continue in some capacity.

North Amercia, 2018

=====

din53X5.png

Nations in colour (North to South)
Canadian Commonwealth (with Semi-autonomus Qubec)
United States of America
Republic of California
2nd Texan Rupublic
Union of Columbian Republics
Kingdom of Mexico
Republic of Hawaii
Bolivarian Republic of Colombia
Empire of Brazil​

If Texas isn't allied to California I will cut someone. Also pretty nice. Only problem I have with it is how weird the Dakotan and Montanan borders are.

If Texas isn't allied to California I will cut someone. Also pretty nice. Only problem I have with it is how weird the Dakotan and Montanan borders are.
I actually really like the western US borders. They're different, but organized and they blend well with the eastern states.

North Amercia, 2018

=====

din53X5.png

Nations in colour (North to South)
Canadian Commonwealth (with Semi-autonomus Qubec)
United States of America
Republic of California
2nd Texan Rupublic
Union of Columbian Republics
Kingdom of Mexico
Republic of Hawaii
Bolivarian Republic of Colombia
Empire of Brazil​
How about Alaska? (I think Alaska was independent from Russian rule)

Very good map, although I'm slightly confused by the fact that Hawaii is an republic, seeing how in OTL it was an kingdom from unification to three years before being annexed by the USA (and even if it was a part of the British Empire, also was Tonga, a monarchy to this day), besides that, kudos to you.

Also, just an advice, try to read again your posts before posting them to find if there is any gramatical error, since America is written as "Amercia" and Texas is a "Rupublic", its just nitpicking but I think you should know

Very good map, although I'm slightly confused by the fact that Hawaii is an republic, seeing how in OTL it was an kingdom from unification to three years before being annexed by the USA (and even if it was a part of the British Empire, also was Tonga, a monarchy to this day), besides that, kudos to you.

Also, just an advice, try to read again your posts before posting them to find if there is any gramatical error, since America is written as "Amercia" and Texas is a "Rupublic", its just nitpicking but I think you should know

Sorry for the late reply, was in London for the weekend.

Simple answer would be that there was a Hawaiian republican movement however If I'm honest I was more worried about appearing to have copied other posters.

Thanks, I do actively try and sport errors though I can have difficulty seeing them - however I shall take that on board and try to be more vigilant in the future.

Excellent work; I love seeing California get attention on here.

What is Monterey like?

Thanks!

Monterey being the capital is similar to that of Washington D.C. In the sense that it’s a capital city based around the government rather than Capital Cities such as London, Berlin or Paris where it’s more combined as an international city. The best example I've used is that Monterey is like D.C while San Francisco and the Bay area is like New York.

Monterey being the capital is similar to that of Washington D.C. In the sense that it’s a capital city based around the government rather than Capital Cities such as London, Berlin or Paris where it’s more combined as an international city. The best example I've used is that Monterey is like D.C while San Francisco and the Bay area is like New York.

Does Monterey ITTL include the entire peninsula?

Does Monterey ITTL include the entire peninsula?

Yes, aswell as OTL Seaside and the surrounding area. The majority of the governmental buildings are situated within Monterey proper though residental population are more spread out along the coast going north. They attempted to emualate Washington D.C, molding it into a governmental City though due to the surrounding terrain made this more difficult.

Monterey and Monterey 99 AFC
Capital of the Republic - City of Monterey
0ZiqxYl.png

The Capital of the Republic of California is some parts natural and some part planned. Being the home of the Governor of Alta California before the revolution it was an easy fit for the nation to find a capital for the nation. Relativly small and less populated when compared to the most of the worlds capitals it had been designed with governmental control solely in mind. Its also home to the residence of the Californian Prime Minister in The Presidio, built over the old Presidio that had been the home of old Mexican Governors. Much of California's governmental departments find their main central HQ within the city, though many have their "Main" department building in other cities across the Republic. The Californian Upper and Lower house meet within the city within the Californian Parlimentary Building.

Most of the population is intertwined with the governental processes of the city or in the service industry. The Government in 1930's took upon itself a great effort to stop company HQ making homes within the city, however this generally falsly attributed as an attempt stop bribery and company bias however it was done to make room for Embessays to make home in the city.

High profile crime is at one of the lowest levels than it is across the republic with the nearist prison system is the Goddard-Salanis 3rd Level Prison near Salanis.

The Ministers - Monterey 99
POHiaYS.png

Monterey 99 AFC is the home club of the City of Monterey. Unlike those Giants of California's game (the likes of S.F Corinthians or Elysian Athletic) the minister's history has been relatively quiet with most of their time being spent in the lower divisions; only gaining their first promotion to the second division in 2013 since the mid-70s.

Their badge depicts the bell of the Presidio that was bellowed in 1843 to warn the occupied Californian revolutionaries of the incoming Mexican army who had come to re-take the city. The bell had been left where it was rang for some 60 years before it was allegedly stolen by Monterey 99 supporting workers during the Presidio renovations and was eventually installed proudly over the entrance to Quincy Road. Once news of the theft was known and its whereabouts alerted too, Monterey Police Chief Harrold Allen reportedly said "Suppose we should let them keep it. They won’t win anything else." Many Monterey fans have likened this repose by the police chief as a form of curse based on their poor run of form, not winning a single competition since the bell was stolen.