A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

I am glad that Mary is enjoying herself despite the dismissal of most of her English ladies, perhaps Anne and Mary will prove to be her most steadfast allies? Surely the friendship with Francis will only bode well for their eventual marriage.... Great job!

I am glad that Mary is enjoying herself despite the dismissal of most of her English ladies, perhaps Anne and Mary will prove to be her most steadfast allies? Surely the friendship with Francis will only bode well for their eventual marriage.... Great job!
Anne, yes, though it's Marguerite first and foremost. In my eyes, Mary latches on to Marguerite as the older sister she's always wanted - she was too young to really bond with Margaret before the latter left for Scotland, and Katherine was more of a maternal figure than a sister, being eleven years older.

As for Mary Boleyn, she's going home shortly...

That leaves funeral then...
Well...
Yes, of a sort. Elizabeth Howard dies in childbirth with an unexpected last addition to the Boleyn family, and Mary is summoned home to take care of her newborn sister. It might not have happened, but I couldn't think of a better way to take Mary out of France. The last Boleyn ends up being raised with Princess Mary, and Mary marries William Carey a few years earlier than OTL.

I may go quiet for the next couple of months or so - I've just bought a house and am moving in about three weeks, so I won't get online as frequently as usual. But I shall try and write chapters when I can and come back to this more regularly when I'm settled. In the meanwhile, enjoy Mary's first weeks as Queen of France!
Good luck and congratulations for your new house. *Home Sweet Home*

Sorry, everyone! I haven't forgotten about this TL, I promise. But between the move and a bereavement - expected, but no less heartbreaking for it - October has been the month from Hell. I haven't had the energy to write at all. But I shall try and pick this up again at some point in the next few weeks... Thanks for bearing with me!

VVD0D95

Banned
Sorry, everyone! I haven't forgotten about this TL, I promise. But between the move and a bereavement - expected, but no less heartbreaking for it - October has been the month from Hell. I haven't had the energy to write at all. But I shall try and pick this up again at some point in the next few weeks... Thanks for bearing with me!
So sorry to hear about your bereavement! Take as much time as you need :)

I'm so sorry for your loss, as well as your hard times..I hope things improve for you soon...

Progress report: I managed to draft most of chapter 12 today. Lady Bryan is being run ragged, and Francoise de Foix has been named governess to the new, much calmer French Royal baby. Chapter 7 possibly going up tonight, but no promises.