The times seem to be very turbulent here, even moreso than OTL!
Yes. I am a goddess of chaos, I rain chaos down upon the unsuspecting politicians of my TL

And I love that the Left Alternative, the left wing of SPD and the Greens stand up to challenge what Falkenau rightly called "red-painted liberalism"!
Yes!

What was the Lippert affair in 2017 about?
h

Do you have any information about the most recent (2015?) German election where Monika Levisohn became Chancellor?
The election was in 2019 and Mona* (short for Ramona rather than Monika) Levisohn was already Chancellor due to a string of resignations and leadership spills within the ruling SPD

Also, the Greens are going strong ITTL.
Yes!

Is climate change a hot issue ITTL, too?
Of course, it inevitably becomes a hot issue in any TL where industrialization happens

Are there any climate change denialist parties in Germany?
The DNP probably, but idk yet

Is there a Fridays-for-Future-like movement?
Most likely yeah

Also, are these the most turbulent days/weeks in German history since 1970/71 with its Christmas Revolution?
Probably, but there has been political chaos in TTL's Germany since then as well. Nothing quite so violent though

@Goweegie2 , sorry . I just found the most recent German election again (on page 3 of the thread), unfortunately though, you forgot to threadmark it.
Yeah, you even helped me with the party names for it lol. Also I could've sworn I threadmarked it

I did retcon some of the minutia of it but most of it still stands, including the Lippert Affair and the election results

Of course, it inevitably becomes a hot issue in any TL where industrialization happens

I meant regarding TTLs current German politics.

Most likely yeah

If the movement came up in 2017/18, it would explain well why the Greens are so popular in TTLs Germany.

Probably, but there has been political chaos in TTL's Germany since then as well. Nothing quite so violent though

Really? What other incidents of "political chaos" have there been between 1971 and now?

Also I could've sworn I threadmarked it

Doing so massively helps the readers of a timeline.

I meant regarding TTLs current German politics.
It's an issue in just about every industrialized country ITTL, including Germany. As it should be, as (hot take time) both ITTL and IOTL climate change is a major threat to the planet and humanity as a whole

Really? What other incidents of "political chaos" have there been between 1971 and now?
Mostly coalition drama

Edit: and some snap elections and leadership spills

Melinda Costello, 49th President of the United States
Here's the new President following Sharp's resignation

Melinda Costello.png

Nothing says 'very normal political party with a long life ahead of it' like being named after your founder!
Yeah they're mainly a political vehicle for Levisohn after she got yeeted from the position of SPD leader

Plus my idea is that they'll change their name to just "Together" (gemeinsam) once Levisohn steps down

Nice. Was Long as radical as he was OTL, or was/did he moderate on his radical wealth redistribution proposals?
He was still pretty radical. Not Kaiserreich level radical, but still radical. He would be best described ITTL as a "really fiery social democrat"

How did Hoover, Long, Johnson, and Craig die?
Hoover was assassinated, Long was assassinated, LBJ I'm not sure yet, and Craig had a heart attack

He was still pretty radical. Not Kaiserreich level radical, but still radical. He would be best described ITTL as a "really fiery social democrat"

So does that mean there are significant capital levies and wealth redistribution programs? That would greatly affect the economy and politics of this TL.

Sorry that I'm harping on this. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Kingfish, as you can see. :p