Despite my radical Atheism, I have to say that this looks attractive - and not only because they drink less alcohol there.
I think what got my wires crossed is the combination of "isolationist foreign policy" and "radical economic reform", but it does offer an interesting contrast between fiscal and monetary reform in a populist American context 🤔

Last edited:
1607045851544.png

Just thought I would leave this here

View attachment 604845
Just thought I would leave this here

Ah dang I was excited
I was tempted to post something about it. Sort of like how @Thande would predict certain things in Look to the West.
I would appreciate it if in the future you don't bump this thread with something only tangentially related to it.
It's okay. I plan to do a reply post in the near future to all the questions and comments made in the past few months. I'm in the final stretch for my term, so I hope to return with some decent content soon.

Longism

SC9y7h3.png

Longism refers to the collective ideals and policies held by 34th United States President Huey Long and his followers. Some political scientists dispute that Longism can be categorized as an ideology in the traditional sense of the word, given that much of it was ad hoc. Nevertheless, Longism continues to remain influential in the Democratic Party, as well as American politics in general.

-
Sorry for the woefully brief entry, fellows. I missed Huey's Birthday (8/30) and his being shot (9/8), so I thought I could do worse than the 85th anniversary of his death. School as been tough, so I haven't been as faithful in updating like I want to be. Consider this my tribute to the Kingfish himself, as well as an assurance that this timeline is not dead.
What ideology that Donald J. Trump (right-wing Longism) and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (left-wing Longism) belong to, it is Longism?

As a movement blending together an implied (sincere) "separate but equal" attitude towards race, social conservatism and religious Left distributism it's just a combination of traits that doesn't suit either of them for different reasons.
Who are the politician would like Donald Trump and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez figure in this timeline? Is Constitutional Alliance is party base for Latinos?
Would make the Wikipedia infobox about the Constitutional Alliance?
That's up to the author, all good things in their own time.

US Public Health Service (PHS)
United States Public Health Service (PHS), Administration for Children and Families

UIqktRq.png

The United States Public Health Service -more commonly abbreviated as the PHS - is a collection of agencies overseeing the publicly-funded healthcare systems in the United States. Initially founded in 1798 as a system of marine hospitals, the PHS underwent a series of reorganizations before its current incarnation which was founded in 1942 as part of President Huey Long's political and economic reforms. Among the agency's initial goals was the encouragement of disease preventing measures among the general public, funding for research and development regarding medicine and medical treatments, and a system of charity hospitals. While not intended to compete with or replace privately operated hospitals and clinics, the scope of the PHS grew rapidly during the administrations of Long and Graham to become the largest single healthcare provider in the United States. The PHS is also one of the largest employers in the United States including both doctors, nurses, and bureaucratic administrators.

2jpRgEN.png

The Administration for Children and Families - more commonly abbreviated "ACAF" (pronounced "Ay-saf") - is an agency within the PHS charged with healthcare in the areas of prenatal and neonatal care, pediatrics, and family planning. Founded during the Graham administration, ACAF is the amalgamation of several agencies that had existed within the PHS. On a more popular level, ACAF is known for their distribution of "Billy Boxes," maternity care packages sent to expectant or adoptive parents of infants which are notably delivered in a box that can be converted into a cradle. They also provide free sterilizations and contraception to poorer families and have engaged in vigorous publicity campaigns to promote these services.

Last edited:
Just a bit of an update with what I plan to do with this in the future:

Currently, I am mulling over the possibility of a reboot that follows a lot of the same beats, but is done in a more organized, chronological manner. For now, I'm using this to get out some ideas that I want to spitball to see how they might work into a future version of this project. There are so many ideas I want to explore, including ideology, art and architecture, religion, and even organized crime! A lot of this will require research because of my desire for this timeline to have a semblance of verisimilitude. In any case, thank you very much for your patience after all of this time. Your interest in this project has been very touching.

Regards,
MasterSanders

Currently, I am mulling over the possibility of a reboot that follows a lot of the same beats, but is done in a more organized, chronological manner. For now, I'm using this to get out some ideas that I want to spitball to see how they might work into a future version of this project. There are so many ideas I want to explore, including ideology, art and architecture, religion, and even organized crime! A lot of this will require research because of my desire for this timeline to have a semblance of verisimilitude. In any case, thank you very much for your patience after all of this time. Your interest in this project has been very touching.

Regards,
MasterSanders
Have loved your stuff since I saw your first timelines : )!!! Best of luck in your endeavors, MS!

SuperZtar64

Banned

Regards,
MasterSanders
I'll be there for it, this is some top quality work.

Glad to see this back @MasterSanders, for its post density A Perfect Democracy punches well above its weight and I look forward to whatever you've got cooking! In particular some more stuff on the Georgist-Distributist synthesis within the Centre Party would be fascinating 🤔

Free sterilizations to poor families eh? Hopefully at least on a purely voluntary basis...
I...can't promise that one way or the other. Let's just say that a lot of assumptions that came out of Eugenics haven't been completely discredited.
Glad to see this back @MasterSanders, for its post density A Perfect Democracy punches well above its weight and I look forward to whatever you've got cooking! In particular some more stuff on the Georgist-Distributist synthesis within the Centre Party would be fascinating 🤔
Thank you very much for the kind words.
I hope to do more on the Centre Party as well as other ideological trends within the Hueyverse. We'll see where this goes.

SuperZtar64

Banned
> A universe where Georgism is a relevant political force

It's so blessed. What a world. Too good to be true. I wonder if Huey took any inspiration from George- you can't have an effective welfare state without land value taxes after all.

Last edited: