We need a tl with Chris Chan as president and after a major economic crash people start to live in shanty towns called cwcvilles.
Now, now, I said that this was a blursed TL, not a cursed TL. ;)
What has became of anime? What pop culture does the world know? What does Germany export in terms of culture?
considering the axis won i don't think anime exists
Nazis love anime
Television does reach Japan, and cartoons as such do exist. However, given that there is less of a cultural exchange between the United States and Japan, "anime" culture does not develop in the same way, and tends to be limited to Japan. In other words, while there is "anime," there is no "oktaku" culture.

Germany tends to be inward looking rather than outward, as most countries tend to be in this timeline. Following the German Civil War, the ruling clique of generals wanted to promote a Christian German culture rather than the Pagan one by the Nazis, with emphasis on great German rulers from the Middle Ages onward. The heavy emphasis on Luther, Bismark, and other great figures from Christian Germany are meant to prop up the largely conservative regime. Think Russia post-Soviet Union: attempting to downplay, and in some cases condemn the previous Nazi regime while attempting to co-opt symbols (e.g., Germania/Berlin) to appeal to the "height" of German power.

The Nazi Party and related organizations are banned (largely in response to Namibia), but that doesn't wholly deter Nazi nostalgia in some quarters. In the years leading to the Civil War, Germany began to experience an economic downturn which soured the Nazi regime in the eyes of many, making the transition to a conservative regime much more easier. However, that doesn't stop some from playing up old cultural facets of Nazi Germany, if only for the tourists. Volkwagens, Volksempfängers, Einheitsempfängers, Nazi-era football kits among others represent a simpler, triumphant, if not chaotic and oppressive time. Think East German
ostalgie.

Germany tends to be inward looking rather than outward, as most countries tend to be in this timeline. Following the German Civil War, the ruling clique of generals wanted to promote a Christian German culture rather than the Pagan one by the Nazis, with emphasis on great German rulers from the Middle Ages onward. The heavy emphasis on Luther, Bismark, and other great figures from Christian Germany are meant to prop up the largely conservative regime. Think Russia post-Soviet Union: attempting to downplay, and in some cases condemn the previous Nazi regime while attempting to co-opt symbols (e.g., Germania/Berlin) to appeal to the "height" of German power.
I see a lot of emphasizing of the more tolerant stuff Prussia did in OTL here, as well as praising for Frederick's skills as general and other stuff...

I see a lot of emphasizing of the more tolerant stuff Prussia did in OTL here, as well as praising for Frederick's skills as general and other stuff...
More or less. The military junta is not liberal by any means, but they are weary of Nazi totalitarianism. They sought to introduce limited democracy not too dissimilar to the old kaiserreich, including Prussian elitism and moderately progressive economic policies.

More or less. The military junta is not liberal by any means, but they are weary of Nazi totalitarianism. They sought to introduce limited democracy not too dissimilar to the old kaiserreich, including Prussian elitism and moderately progressive economic policies.
basically the epitome of conservative in the "keeping things the way they are, more or less" sense.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Yours truly has not been completely dormant. In the meantime, I have been working on a working Q-BAM of the world in 1960, which will be used for a modern-day map.
zZgLyPp.png

Now, this map is by no means the final product, and a lot of the internal borders are kept for reference points so I can make some quick edits later. Comments, questions, and criticism is welcomed and wanted.

For full disclosure, the balkanized India is based on this map, and my eventual plan for SA will look similar to this map.

Why is China split between north and south?
The Sino-Japanese War continues much like OTL, with a greater emphasis against the Soviet Union in the north rather than expanding southward into Indonesia. By the mid-1940's, a stalemate ensues after the collapse of the Soviet Union and subsequently the CCP, leading to a very uneasy peace between two exhausted parties. The North is a Japanese satellite state under the leadership of Wang Jingwei while the South is a KMT military dictatorship under Chiang Kai-Shek.

The Sino-Japanese War continues much like OTL, with a greater emphasis against the Soviet Union in the north rather than expanding southward into Indonesia. By the mid-1940's, a stalemate ensues after the collapse of the Soviet Union and subsequently the CCP, leading to a very uneasy peace between two exhausted parties. The North is a Japanese satellite state under the leadership of Wang Jingwei while the South is a KMT military dictatorship under Chiang Kai-Shek.
How large is the wider Co-Prosperity Sphere? (in both area and population)

How large is the wider Co-Prosperity Sphere? (in both area and population)
Fairly large, but more northern than OTL. All the states outlined in yellow are are GEACOPS members, including Japan, Manchukuo, Mengjiang, North China, and Siberia. While not full members, nations such as the Philippines and former Indochina deal in extensive trade with them.

Fairly large, but more northern than OTL. All the states outlined in yellow are are GEACOPS members, including Japan, Manchukuo, Mengjiang, North China, and Siberia. While not full members, nations such as the Philippines and former Indochina deal in extensive trade with them.
How do things look like in SE Asia?

ST15RM

Banned
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Yours truly has not been completely dormant. In the meantime, I have been working on a working Q-BAM of the world in 1960, which will be used for a modern-day map.
zZgLyPp.png

Now, this map is by no means the final product, and a lot of the internal borders are kept for reference points so I can make some quick edits later. Comments, questions, and criticism is welcomed and wanted.

For full disclosure, the balkanized India is based on this map, and my eventual plan for SA will look similar to this map.
wait how the fuck did japan get madagascar?

what
Ladies and Gentlemen,

zZgLyPp.png

what's going on with canada and the united states?

How do things look like in SE Asia?
I'm still working on that. I'm not sure what to do with them, either to keep them under French control, have France cede them to Japan like OTL, or have them independent. Watch the space.
What's going on in Russia?
The collapse of the Nazi regime saw a number of warlords emerge in the former Soviet Union much like post-Qing China. This state is not permanent, however, as one general will eventually unite the remains of Russia under his rule. Again, watch the space.
wait how the fuck did japan get madagascar?
An idea I've entertained. I might give it back to France. Got to have some "rule of cool" in a good TL. ;)
what's going on with canada and the united states?
I've elaborated on that here.
I bet that the East European Plain will be the "second Balkans" - a hotbed of constant ethnic conflict.
Eastern Europe is a right mess, no doubt about it. The successor states are dictatorships attempting to cobble together a semblance of a nation state, with varying results. The Baltics are closer to Yugoslavia in that respect.

So since India looks fucked up does that mean portugal gets to keep goa?
Exactly. Portugal is able to maintain some level of plurocontinentalism, even during the transition to democracy following Salazar's death in the 1970's. The current President of Portugal ITTL is actually from Angola.

When are we gonna get some wikiboxes about portugal? I get you're a busy guy im just curious. Thank u so much for all of the free entertainment

When are we gonna get some wikiboxes about portugal? I get you're a busy guy im just curious. Thank u so much for all of the free entertainment
That's the goal. Of course, I want to do as many wikiboxes as I can of differing countries. I hope to get back on wikiboxes, hopefully sooner rather than later.
And thank you for reading. I appreciate all the views I get. :)