What black population that does remain in Namibia is either effective slave labor or is so inaccessible that SS units don't even bother with them.

787px-NS_administrative_Gliederung_1944.png

All of this territory with the exception of the General Government. The reasons is that the extended empire was just too much to handle, and its just better to reduce Germany down to its bare essentials for practical and nationalistic purposes.

Poland was about as much hell as one could expect. Enough of a Polish resistance continued to antagonize the General Government and discourage German settlement in the region. Poles managed to reestablish some form of self-governance following Rommel's retreat from the region. The old GG's borders make up Poland in the present day.

Does that include Czechia? While it was both de jure and de facto annexed into Germany unlike Poland, it was considered an “autonomous Protectorate”.

Does that include Czechia? While it was both de jure and de facto annexed into Germany unlike Poland, it was considered an “autonomous Protectorate”.

It does include Czechia for the most part. The Czechs have largely been absorbed into Germany culturally. Even so, they will likely be granted some concessions regarding autonomy.

This is just to whet y'all's appetite for what's coming next.

Can you guess?

This is interesting. Quite a few countries have different flags and assumably different forms of government as well.

Netherlands - Republic, based on the flag. Presumably established after they broke the yoke of the Germans. Is the Executive Branch called a President or a Stadtholder? I think Stadtholder sounds cooler.

US - The US with Longist Characteristics.

Poland - Still a Republic, but no Communism like OTL. Presumably the wet corpse of the General Government.

Manchuko - Still under the Qing with Puyi? I'd imagine they're still very close to Japan.

Britain - Now THIS is fascinating (Though I thought it was Hungary for a sec) Was the UK invaded by Nazi Germany in this TL? The use of the Republican Flag and "Commonwealth" as a name rather than Britain indicate a large regime change. I wonder how the Monarchy was abolished.

Switzerland - The Eternal Swiss strikes again, forever a Confederacy! A bit more paranoid than OTL I'd imagine.

Quebec - RIP Canada, I hardly knew ye, what's the status of Anglophones in the Country? Did they split off and make Canada Lite? What's the status of Newfoundland?

Norway - Under the Quisling Regime or with a restored Constitutional Monarchy? I'd imagine the latter given the restoration of the Kaiser in Germany and the whole "civil war" business.

Manchuko - What ever this list is indicating they're the only country to pop up twice, could indicate that its very developed compared to OTL.

Germany - Elaborated upon in a previous post.

South Africa - Still using the old flag, was Apartheid established in this TL? Race relations would be interesting if there are expats from Britain and Canada about.

Croatia - Ustase Flag detected, has the regime mellowed out or are they still building concentration camps for children?

Greece - Still a monarchy based on the flag, is it under the Italian thumb still? The April Junta is butterflied away obviously.

Netherlands - Republic, based on the flag. Presumably established after they broke the yoke of the Germans. Is the Executive Branch called a President or a Stadtholder? I think Stadtholder sounds cooler.

As you probably know, the Netherlands was incorporated into the Third Reich. During that time, Nazi officials accelerated the dechristianization of the Reich too quickly, inspiring a strong Protestant inspired backlash among Dutch nationalists (left-wing partisans lost a considerable amount of steam after the fall of the Soviet Union). Following the Civil War, the nationalists proved the be the largest group. Inspired by William the Silent and a largely absent monarchy, the new Dutch government drafted a republican constitution with a Stadtholder as head of state. (Good call on that one. I was actually planning that).

US - The US with Longist Characteristics.

Of course. Isolationist. Generally socially conservative. Boasts a welfare system that is the envy of the world. European politicians point to the American system as a model for wealth redistribution.

Poland - Still a Republic, but no Communism like OTL. Presumably the wet corpse of the General Government.

Poland is a shell of its former self, but it is on the rebound. A large number of Polish Americans actually returned to Poland following its independence to help rebuild their homeland.

- Still under the Qing with Puyi? I'd imagine they're still very close to Japan.

Yes. Without the United States a potential threat, Japan turned its focus north ITTL. Today, Japan is the head of a Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, including Manchukuo, Mengjiang, "North China," and Siberia. More on that in the future.

Britain - Now THIS is fascinating (Though I thought it was Hungary for a sec) Was the UK invaded by Nazi Germany in this TL? The use of the Republican Flag and "Commonwealth" as a name rather than Britain indicate a large regime change. I wonder how the Monarchy was abolished.

Britain actually made peace with Nazi Germany in 1940, which initially allowed Britain a "peace with honor" but resulted in a rapid decline of their empire. The origins of the Commonwealth are elaborated here. The flag shown is the traditional flag of British Republicanism. Its a placeholder for now, but I may keep it permanently.

Switzerland - The Eternal Swiss strikes again, forever a Confederacy! A bit more paranoid than OTL I'd imagine.

Some things never change, even across timelines.

Quebec - RIP Canada, I hardly knew ye, what's the status of Anglophones in the Country? Did they split off and make Canada Lite?

Quebec is a reactionary (not necessarily Fascist) state similar to the Vichy Regime OTL. The Silent Revolution never happened, though something similar is brewing under the surface.

The fall of the Canadian monarchy led to a domino effect throughout the rest of Anglo-Canada. The Western provinces under the direction of Ernest Manning formed a new republic known as Ursalia organized around more populistic principles. He and Tommy Douglas are the architects of a Long-esque state dedicated to the principles of "Biblical" government. The Maritimes are also an independent state. What remains of Canada is just Ontario, as it was meant to be.

What's the status of Newfoundland?

That I want to save for a surprise. ;)

Norway - Under the Quisling Regime or with a restored Constitutional Monarchy? I'd imagine the latter given the restoration of the Kaiser in Germany and the whole "civil war" business.

It was actually the Allies that invaded Norway first ITTL. The result was understandably a disaster for the British, driving Norway into the arms of the Axis. For that reason, Germany never had to invade Norway, which had a similar arrangement with the Nazis like Finland did IOTL. Thus, Norway is still very much a democratic state. Quisling's star rose, understandably, but the Nasjonal Samling proves to be a flash-in-the-pan after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Manchuko - What ever this list is indicating they're the only country to pop up twice, could indicate that its very developed compared to OTL.

Manchukuo, much like IOTL, is considered the "crown jewel" of the Japanese Empire, having even higher standards of living than even the Home Islands. Its not without a price, however, as Manchukuo is still home to a very large, lucrative opium industry.

Germany - Elaborated upon in a previous post.

Of course.

South Africa - Still using the old flag, was Apartheid established in this TL? Race relations would be interesting if there are expats from Britain and Canada about.

South Africa became a republic slightly earlier due to the rapid collapse of the British Empire. However, tensions between Afrikaners and Anglos leads to most of the latter migrating to an independent Natal. Ironically, a flood of European immigration during the height of Nazi period led to an increase of the white population to the point where they make up 20% of the population. Apartheid is still in force ITTL, but the situation has become far more complicated, as the white population is larger and most of the world is not as concerned with pressuring the dismantling of the racial system.

Croatia - Ustase Flag detected, has the regime mellowed out or are they still building concentration camps for children?

Croatia has mellowed quite a bit, but that's because there are not as many people to kill, I'm afraid. As it turns out, South Africa became an immigration point for many non-Croats during this time.

Greece - Still a monarchy based on the flag, is it under the Italian thumb still? The April Junta is butterflied away obviously.

Greece is best described as authoritarian and within Italy's sphere of influence. But by the late 20th century, Italy's influence has waned considerably. Put it this way: Greece is a lot more "free" than it used to be, but not as free as it could be.

Now this is a question that needs answering.

As mentioned above, the atrocities are still pretty bad, and the region is largely homogeneous now.

What a terribl...y fascinating world, keep at it good sir. Watched.

Why, thank you. I hope it doesn't disappoint, even with the darker elements that are likely to come out.

Based on the inclusion of “Ulster” in the name, I’m guessing that Northern Ireland is still a part of the Commonwealth. What was this TL’s version of the Troubles like?

Democratic Party, Jubilee Caucus
Democratic Party, Jubilee Caucus

shmxJkO.png

The Democratic Party is one of two major contemporary political parties in the United States, along with its main rival the Constitutional Alliance. Tracing its heritage back to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison's Democratic-Republican Party, the modern-day Democratic Party was founded around 1828 by supporters of Andrew Jackson, making it the world's oldest active political party.

In its early years, the Democratic Party advocated for limited government in the tradition of classical liberalism. However, beginning with the presidency of Woodrow Wilson, the party moved towards government interventionism in the economy. The presidencies of Franklin Roosevelt and Huey Long have cemented this trend within the Democratic Party, prompting many former conservative Democrats to join the Alliance in the 1950's. Despite this, the Democratic Party, like its rival, is largely broad-tent with a general populist consensus. Among the party's base includes The South, Midwest, blue collar laborers, blacks, and the Christian Left.

The party's populist platform advocates for social and economic equality enforced by an elaborate welfare state. It seeks government regulation of the economy as well as environmental protection, worker protection, wealth redistribution, and infrastructure projects. On racial matters, Democrats have historically been diverse in opinion on the status of blacks and immigrants. Beginning with the presidencies of Roosevelt and Long, Democrats began to make inroads among blacks, who have since become a major Democratic constituency. On foreign policy, the Democratic party tends to lean towards isolationism, a policy made famous by Long's phrase "butter, not guns!" In recent years, this isolationist tendency has led towards economic protectionism and away from the free trade advocated by previous generations of populists.

Perhaps one of the largest constituencies within the Democratic Party is referred to as the "Christian Left," though leading proponents of the movement object to the term "Left" as being too Marxist or "modernist." Having its roots in the candidacy of William Jennings Bryan and nurtured by leaders such as Gerald L. K. Smith and future President Billy Graham, the Christian Left is a fusion of evangelical Biblical literalism with populist and progressive politics, along with American exceptionalism. The Pentateuch proved to be a source of inspiration for the policies of Long, especially in regards to the Jubilee laws regarding debt forgiveness and the redistribution of property. While historians debate as to the religious sincerity of Long, his religious followers took his Biblical positions to their logical conclusion on economic and social issues. Various political and para-church organizations exist, including Jubilee University in Monroe, Louisiana, the Reform League, and the Jubilee Caucus in the House of Representatives.

apd_023.png

Last edited:
Interesting! My question is how does Sabbatarianism fit into the Jubilee Caucus' worldview? Do they want the government to take Sundays off or...?

The Jubilee Caucus supports Sabbatarian laws for two reasons: 1) God decreed it, and 2) a guaranteed day of rest is beneficial to the average laborer, including most government employees. It also makes sense within the context of the Mosaic law that ties the Jubilee and Sabbath years.

Do they only support recognition of the Christian Sabbath or do they favor measures for Jews/Muslims to have their Sabbath days too?

Largely Christian, though there have been some that have suggested making accommodations for observant Jews that has gained some traction in recent years. Due to a number of factors, Muslim presence in the United States is much smaller than OTL so that such an accommodation isn’t even on the radar of most Sabbatarians.

Boasts a welfare system that is the envy of the world. European politicians point to the American system as a model for wealth redistribution.
USA of healthy person

Largely Christian, though there have been some that have suggested making accommodations for observant Jews that has gained some traction in recent years. Due to a number of factors, Muslim presence in the United States is much smaller than OTL so that such an accommodation isn’t even on the radar of most Sabbatarians.
Question - does the Christian conduct of the Shabbat include a ban only on work, or on any activity? Just the Jewish Shabbat is enough ... tiresome (I got the impression). Moreover, not all people are religious. In addition, the gospel says - "not a man for the Saturday (Shabbat), but Saturday for a man."