A New Portugal (an alternate Ksar-el-Kebir)

maverick

Banned
I for once find the development on the Polish front to be fascinating...

On the other hand, I find the fact that a TL called "A New Portugal" has been focusing on everything but Portugal for the past six months to be rather odd:p

Of course, the idea of Russian interfering with the ALT Thirty years war to be one of the best developments thus far, even if not as funny or expectacular as previous ones, raging from a stronger portugal to underground synagogues...

BTW, did you ever use that info you asked me about the far east?

I for once find the development on the Polish front to be fascinating...

Thanks!

On the other hand, I find the fact that a TL called "A New Portugal" has been focusing on everything but Portugal for the past six months to be rather odd:p

Of course, the idea of Russian interfering with the ALT Thirty years war to be one of the best developments thus far, even if not as funny or expectacular as previous ones, raging from a stronger portugal to underground synagogues...

That one of the reasons why I regret to have expanded the TL more than I wanted. :eek: I wanted to develop ideas in other regions, but the effects became too big, and I didn't want just to abandon these areas without explaining what happened.
The next chapters will cover Russia, Hungary, the Ottomans and finally the end of the war. Then I will write about England, Spain, the colonial world (mostly Spanish and Portuguese territories) and finally I come back to Portugal, and I'll keep the focus on it from their defeat against Spain until 1668, when the TL ends just after the War of the Spanish Succession.

BTW, did you ever use that info you asked me about the far east?

Not yet, but I will.

maverick

Banned
Ha, does your War of Spanish Succession last 8 years just like the one I had in Sol de Austria? :p

Then again, this one probably has better candidates, not just Habsburg vs Habsburg...:eek: