A New Coat of Arms Thread

There's a East European person's(?) head on a sword :eek:

Actually, it could be two things:
1. a Turk's head (very frequent in Hungarian CoAs) [this is what i've put there]
2. a Romanian's head (since one of my ancestor, as the source said,
"distinguished himself in crushing the Hora-Closca rebellion"

I believe that some Hungarian COAs featured nothing other than Turks being dismembered. The turban strongly implies it's one of them.

I believe that some Hungarian COAs featured nothing other than Turks being dismembered. The turban strongly implies it's one of them.
Yep thats true.
Ah the turban is because of my choice, as i already said, the original coa image was so bad quality, that it took me (and others who i asked) a while to be sure that that is a head...

VT45

Banned
Here's a CoA I made for an independent New England. Needless to say, it needs cleaning up. Anyone up for the challenge?

Student Number.jpg

Hapsburg

Banned
The Middle Arms of the United Terran Empire.
The central charge is a gold shield with a purple double-headed eagle surrounded by an oak wreath, blazoned with a red shield bearing the emblem of the Terran State: a gold-wreathed globe. Crossed behind it are two Marshal's Batons, which bear alternating eagles and iron crosses; behind those is the ribbon and emblem of the Imperial Order of Our Lady of the Milky Way, the highest chivalric order of the Terran Empire. The main charge is topped with the Crown of Saint Mary, the state crown dedicated to the Empire's patron saint.
The charge is supported by two knights holding the Imperial Standard, standing before a red mantle crowned with the Imperial Crown, the coronation crown of the Emperors and the crown used in state seals and insignia.

Middle Arms of the Terran Empire.png

This is the coat of arms for my own fictional empire.
The text says "For a united future" in swedish.

dannesriksvapen.png

And this is the flag that belongs to the same, fictional empire.
As you can hopefully see, the thing in the middle of the cross on the flag is also on the shield in the coat of arms

Susano

Banned
This is the coat of arms for my own fictional empire.
The text says "For a united future" in swedish.

dannesriksvapen.png

And this is the flag that belongs to the same, fictional empire.
As you can hopefully see, the thing in the middle of the cross on the flag is also on the shield in the coat of arms

The suns around the shield are a bit odd. At least they should be integrated into the mantella, somehow. Also, what do the shields quarters represent? And the ienscuecheon is odd, too...

The escutcheon is the little shield at the center of the main shield.

Ok, thanks.

Well, I don't know much about heraldry etc and how to make "correct shields"...
I just drew what I thought looked nice.

But if it's so bad and wrong then I'll delete it and stop...

Ok, thanks.

Well, I don't know much about heraldry etc and how to make "correct shields"...
I just drew what I thought looked nice.

But if it's so bad and wrong then I'll delete it and stop...

Oh no don't do that, take it as friendly advice. It does look nice, but people here (well Susano) prefer nice and accurate.

And Heraldry is easy, just read the wiki articles on it. :rolleyes:

Susano

Banned
Since I think ist really greta, my CoA for the AH.com Peerages/Politics here again ;)

My Coat of Arms as:
Susano, Duke of Wisconsin, Zheijang and Shanghai, Landgrave of Hesse, East Anglia and the Upper Peninsula, Count of Bedort and Hertford, Königstein and Cerro Gordo, Earl Marshall and Lord Lyon, Imperial Vicar of Alsace-Lorraine, Patriarch of the House of O, Marshall of the Hessian Mercenaries, Minister for Federal Affairs, MP

https://www.alternatehistory.com/Discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=66419&d=1238583670

Posted on the Flag Thread, but I wanted to blazon this correctly.

For the Kingdom of Louisiana, a Napoleonic client state: Azure, a pall Or; in dexter chief a pelican in her piety; in sinister chief an Imperial Eagle Or; in base three fleurs-de-lis Or.

Probably the full achievement will have a Royal mantle (gules, semy of bees Or), some scepters or swords or something, and maybe an eagle supporter, although there's already an eagle on the shield.

Napoleonic Louisiana.PNG

Susano

Banned
It's for the same reason you guys klicken auf Icons to use Ihre Webbrowsers... the whole system was imported, including the jargon.

Heh, good point. (and as you can probably guess, Im pretty much against anglicisms) Just wanting to note that we dont have to put up with Old French heraldic language :D

An alternate coat of arms of an alternate Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, which gained independence after a much longer period of Napoleonic French domination. All symbols of French oppression (the fleur-de-lys) have been removed and replaced with charges representing frienship with Sspain and Portugal, which also recently broke free of the Napoleonic yoke. Two orders have been removed, one because it was French, the other because it never existed in that TL.