Mini status report.

I been thinking about this TL a fair bit over the past few days, and honestly I been thinking of rebooting this TL. I feel I screwed up WWI and the interwar ITL in my rush to get to WWII. Plus the whole world blowing up at once has left me hard press to keep track of everything.

So I want your thoughts on this as I might be taking it back to the drawing board.

I liked it and think its fine the way it is, in fact it was really starting get good and interesting.
I was really looking forward to seeing the US & Germany take down the Brits. & Japanese.

I liked it and think its fine the way it is, in fact it was really starting get good and interesting.
I was really looking forward to seeing the US & Germany take down the Brits. & Japanese.

I second this, but if you change something (from the narrative pow) i will say to make thing more difficult for the USA

Grimbald

Monthly Donor
You are the boss ... but this was / is / hopefully will be a great story. Personally I hope you
take off where you left it and change the world with small interwar conflicts. But again, you are the boss.

Mini status report.

I been thinking about this TL a fair bit over the past few days, and honestly I been thinking of rebooting this TL. I feel I screwed up WWI and the interwar ITL in my rush to get to WWII. Plus the whole world blowing up at once has left me hard press to keep track of everything.

So I want your thoughts on this as I might be taking it back to the drawing board.

The main problem that I have with how things have been running lately is that you focus too much on the POV chapters and not enough on world events of the grand scale. Whenever we get too the strategic operations and the grand campaigns at play, they are extremely short and always resolved within two or three posts, Mexico and Argentina being two examples. I would focus more on presenting in a textbook style and using the POV chapters as a bonus instead of the main meat of the story. Also try to cover campaigns in battles in more comprehensive detail instead of just "Private Joey landed on the beaches of Sydney, Australia surrendered the next day." We need more buildup in order to have substantial payoff.

The main problem that I have with how things have been running lately is that you focus too much on the POV chapters and not enough on world events of the grand scale. Whenever we get too the strategic operations and the grand campaigns at play, they are extremely short and always resolved within two or three posts, Mexico and Argentina being two examples. I would focus more on presenting in a textbook style and using the POV chapters as a bonus instead of the main meat of the story. Also try to cover campaigns in battles in more comprehensive detail instead of just "Private Joey landed on the beaches of Sydney, Australia surrendered the next day." We need more buildup in order to have substantial payoff.
Yeah, that was one of my biggest issues with this was I can't get the detail out I wanted and things just seemed to be going to quickly in some areas.

The more I think the more I see this going back a few worlds and getting into World War One all over again.

Ok guys (and girls if there are any here), I have decided to take this back to WWI and start from there. Now I will be reposting stuff in a new thread but the pre-WWI stuff will simply be cleaned up with only slight changes

Ok guys (and girls if there are any here), I have decided to take this back to WWI and start from there. Now I will be reposting stuff in a new thread but the pre-WWI stuff will simply be cleaned up with only slight changes
Please post the new link here when you wish to restart the TL, Jim. :)