WELCOME TO THE ANIMERICAN MOVEMENT
This is my new test timeline to legitimately test out the waters and see how/what I do before going to bigger stuff.

This timeline is focused on a earlier start in otaku culture in the United States of America.

This will also cover the animation, broadcasting, television, gaming, children's television and general American entertainment industry.

The name of this TL is inspired by the old anime magazine literally named "Animerica":
a2f6a276d8db43d968c6f5aec1346ee3.jpg

548801.jpg

1103399.jpg

APR052480-full.jpg

1090615.jpg

A few examples of how the covers looked like, courtesy of MyComicShop and AtomicEmpire.

We got Inuyasha, One Piece, The Big O, Kodocha and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters here.

The point of divergence is the late 70's, but really doesn't get started until the 80's, and from there, yeah....

Although we don't really get into the other points of pop culture mentioned here until the late 80's at the earliest much.

So yeah, welcome to....

THE ANIMERICAN MOVEMENT!!
This is our anthem for this TL by the way:

EDIT: While the events of this TL will begin before, TTL doesn't really start until at least 1979/1980.......

Last edited:
I would have inuyasha a stay with viz media one piece give it to Funimation from the start big o stay with Bandai kodocha since I don’t really know about it ADV films and Yugioh still give it to 4kids entertainment because apart from pokemon that might be the only good dub that 4kids did apart from ultimate muscle

I would have inuyasha a stay with viz media one piece give it to Funimation from the start big o stay with Bandai kodocha since I don’t really know about it ADV films and Yugioh still give it to 4kids entertainment because apart from pokemon that might be the only good dub that 4kids did apart from ultimate muscle
  1. I actually have other plans for Inuyasha and Rumiko's other works.
  2. You'll have to see what happens to One Piece.
  3. The Big O will stay with Bandai until a certain point in time.
  4. Nope. Yu-Gi-Oh will get a completely different company, but if it makes you feel better, I'll have 4Kids get Duel Masters.
  5. Pokemon and Ultimate Muscle is also not 4Kids.
  6. You're free to join our conversation about this to discuss this.
  7. I'll make a pre-thread.

A Movement Called Animerica Pre-Thread Now Available

The Pre-Thread is now available.

Good initial post, kid.
  1. I actually have other plans for Inuyasha and Rumiko's other works.
That sounds great.
  1. You'll have to see what happens to One Piece.
Cool.
  1. The Big O will stay with Bandai until a certain point in time.
Works for me.
  1. Nope. Yu-Gi-Oh will get a completely different company, but if it makes you feel better, I'll have 4Kids get Duel Masters.
  2. Pokemon and Ultimate Muscle is also not 4Kids.
From the looks of things, 4Kids would need Duel Masters in their playbook without three of their big hits.

Hmm, so the United States is more like Latin America or some (esp Mediterranean) European countries OTL where anime became mainstream decades earlier. Something to consider is that this may have initially small but gradually noticeable impacts on broader society generally due to a stronger otaku culture being opposed to moralistic interference in mass media. One potential POD is Mobile Suit Gundam being noticed by American media and getting a dubbed adaptation (hopefully more faithful than Robotech) to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica in the same era.

Hmm, so the United States is more like Latin America or some (esp Mediterranean) European countries OTL where anime became mainstream decades earlier. Something to consider is that this may have initially small but gradually noticeable impacts on broader society generally due to a stronger otaku culture being opposed to moralistic interference in mass media. One potential POD is Mobile Suit Gundam being noticed by American media and getting a dubbed adaptation (hopefully more faithful than Robotech) to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica in the same era.
Ok, what are you on about because I'm intrigued?

Mixing american money (advertisement and spending money) to anime, I could imagine some huge projects: imagine a Star Wars anime (ninth Jedi, Ronin, and other visions stuff) and maybe some anime based of books (Lensmen got one why can't Dune, Foundation, or the Silmarillion)

And imagine if some anime got really big. Like what if people compared Galactic heroes to B5 or star trek.

Ohhhhh. I'd love to see some dumb ass senator trying to bring Beserk or something up to the senate like the Rock n Roll and Video game hearings

Ok, expect a few updates this week.

Here's what you can expect:
  1. Anime In the 60's
  2. Anime In the 70's
  3. Anime In the 80's(Part 1)
  4. Anime In the 80's(Part 2)
All of this coming this week.

Stay Tuned!