A More Personal Union: Who Should Be Elizabeth's Heir?

Who Should Elizabeth I's Heir Be?

• Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Margaret Stanley, Countess of Derby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catherine Grey, Countess of Hertford

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Charles Stuart, Earl of Lennox

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Lady Mary Grey

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Henri le Cyclope, Dauphin of France

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Don't name anybody and let God sort it out when she dies

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm. Hard to say. But for the love of God, and assuming no butterflies on him, ANYONE but Lord Darnley.

Up to and including the little Dauphin.

The guy who got it in OTL, James Stuart King of Scots. Following the same order of succession to the throne that is in place today (male-preference primogeniture) then the senior line decendent of Henry VII after the lines of his son(s) lines have died out go through the eldest female child's line (Margaret Tudor). That leads directly to James I and VII. It was not even certain at that time if Elizabeth had the power to declare her own heir, so making it James avoided England having to answer that and many other uncomfortable questions.

Last edited:
But there is no James son of Mary Stuart in this timeline.

Ah! Then Margaret's line completely died out and it goes to Mary Tudor's decendents.

Edward Seymour, Viscount Beauchamp; assuming he can verify his parents were married when he was concieved.

Last edited:
Ah! Then Margaret's line completely died out and it goes to Mary Tudor's decendents.

Lady Mary Grey.

Margaret's line isn't gone, its just that Mary's son in this timeline is the little cyclops.

Who is almost getting my vote just because that's just such an awesome image.

In a "Yes, I am a horrible person." sort of way, but...

You tell me One Eyed King can't be Badass Incarnate material. I dare you.

Lady Mary Grey.

No Margaret's line continues in the House of Valois as Mary Queen of Scots bore a son to Francis I of France.

I voted for Henri le Cyclope, mainly to see who ends up on the throne when Parliament refuses to accept him (assuming the Monarchy survives at all).

EDIT: Ninja'd

No Margaret's line continues in the House of Valois as Mary Queen of Scots bore a son to Francis I of France.

I voted for Henri le Cyclope, mainly to see who ends up on the throne when Parliament refuses to accept him (assuming the Monarchy survives at all).

EDIT: Ninja'd
Why? That would help them with their claim over France.

Why? That would help them with their claim over France.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but I don't see how a 17th-Century English Parliament would accept the King of France and Scotland who was raised in the French Court as King of England.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but I don't see how a 17th-Century English Parliament would accept the King of France and Scotland who was raised in the French Court as King of England.
Hmmm... Yes but what happened to Henry VIII? He considered himself Enlish despite his father's Welshness. And power is important too...

Margaret's line isn't gone, its just that Mary's son in this timeline is the little cyclops.

Who is almost getting my vote just because that's just such an awesome image.

In a "Yes, I am a horrible person." sort of way, but...

You tell me One Eyed King can't be Badass Incarnate material. I dare you.

You don't have to feel guilty, I should say! Given that the last poll went the boring OTL route, I think that we should balance things by going for the choice with the most potential for awesome and amusement.

Thus, the one-eyed frog.

You don't have to feel guilty, I should say! Given that the last poll went the boring OTL route, I think that we should balance things by going for the choice with the most potential for awesome and amusement.

Thus, the one-eyed frog.
Cry God for Harry, England, Scotland, France, Saint George, Saint Andrew and Saint Denis! *passes out*

Henri le Cyclope, just to make the Habsburgs crap their pants at seeing their archrival family the Valois do exactly what Charles V did half a century before. :D

Thus, the one-eyed frog.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Henri wouldn't appreciate that I'm cheering him on and voting for him because of a birth defect.

Though, if he grows up to be that kind of person and a badass, I will applaud the author to the heavens, whether he becomes king of England or not.

France hasn't had a king with a good, twisted sense of humor in...any point I know of.