Called Japan ditching the Entente.

1919 feels a lot like 1918 IOTL, oddly enough. Minus the pandemic of course.

Also, given that the war ended in November, let me say: Happy Xmas (War is Over)

They finally took Canada! The old dream is coming true...

Also what happened to the native tribes in Canada? I hope that they are still extant. Maybe they can declare one or more domestic dependencies (by tribe) after the war? I am pretty sure the U.S. will allow that.

And did the U.S. troops capture penicillin? If they did, then I hope that penicillin research begins in the interwar period. If not, I hope that there is a concurrent discovery in the U.S. (maybe in Peoria, IL).

The triumphant voices of thousands of young men and a few women echoed off the buildings. The onslaught was too much. On November 5, 1919, Field Marshal F. Stanley Maude threw in the towel. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland capitulated, and an armistice was signed.

Their fate, and that of the rest of the world, would be decided in a few agonizing months.
Will there be anything akin to the 1918-19 German Revolution ITTL in Britain involving the leadership of the Labour Party empowering right-wing veterans to beat off communist revolutionaries?

And like in OTL, we know there will only be more trouble later.

Speaking of which though, let's hope America is able to handle middle eastern politics better than OTL. Well, I suppose that's not a high bar, but screwing up is still possible.

EDIT: How much fighting was there on China's eastern borders, in the himalayas and east turkestan?

Last edited:
I'm concerned about how the US will think of their war in Mexico. After spending a lot of lives, some citizens may insist that the US gain further territories (though not as valuable as other states) to signify that something was gained there. Granted, the US probably got all of the Caribbean territories, minus Hispaniola.

Also, what's going to happen to the territorial claims of Antarctic (1840 & 1908 for the French and the British), Austrailia, and New Zealand, since the League won?

I'm concerned about how the US will think of their war in Mexico. After spending a lot of lives, some citizens may insist that the US gain further territories (though not as valuable as other states) to signify that something was gained there. Granted, the US probably got all of the Caribbean territories, minus Hispaniola.

Also, what's going to happen to the territorial claims of Antarctic (1840 & 1908 for the French and the British), Austrailia, and New Zealand, since the League won?
Concerning Mexico, the lust for annexation is minuscule here. The issue was not Mexico but Porfiro Díaz, and with him deposed and liberal democracy returned to the country there is no desire to take more land. Plus, the US has all of Canada save Québec and Newfoundland & Labrador, Russian Alyeska, and most of the Caribbean. It's perfectly happy for now.

I haven't decided on what I'm doing with Antarctica yet. Territorial claims may exist, or it may actually be a true international zone.